Is yoga channeling demonic energies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, from now on I claim that posting on the Puritan Board is a form of Puritan worship. Hahaha! None of you can post anymore or else you are idolators!!!!!

;) :D

By the way, if yoga stretching is inherently evil because of its origins, how exactly are we allowed to eat meat sacrificed to idols?

Stretches and poses are good for the body. Focusing the mind is good too.

Throw the spiritual mumbo-jumbo in the trash can. Maybe you could meditate on scripture while standing on one foot. That's funny.

By the way, from now on I claim that posting on the Puritan Board is a form of Puritan worship. Hahaha! None of you can post anymore or else you are idolators!!!!!

;) :D

Lol :)

By the way, if yoga stretching is inherently evil because of its origins, how exactly are we allowed to eat meat sacrificed to idols?

Exactly, its the same principle. Yoga is only bad for the peron who uses it with offense. Also if doing it causes my brother to stumble, then I definetly ought not to do it for his sake, or just do it in private. Otherwise who cares who invented it. If it works, thank God for it. If you think it's demonic and your conscience is bothered, then do something else. Like it was suggested, just leave off the mysticism.

"I like yoga; therefore, tell me where it is forbidden or else leave me alone." This seems to sum up the argument in favour of Christian yoga. We have a Hindu yoga practitioner and scholar saying that it is inexorably intertwined. We have him saying that it is a spiritual path. Is it a spiritual path from God? Where does Christ fit in on this path? He doesn't, so why not stop trying to put a square peg in a round hole and call a spade a spade.

I can say "Om mani padme hum" because it has no real meaning, does not actively involve me in the worship of a deity, it is simply a mantra. The 14th Dalai Lama says that it is good to recite it, but one should think of its meaning when saying it because the meaning of the six syllables are great and vast. But it has no real translatable meaning. However, walk down a street in rural China and you will hear it recited again and again as people play it as a prayer of vain babblings on their CD players. But I can say it as a Christian whenever I want, not be concerned about it, and it will have no relation to my witness as long as I am alone, because there is no chance of it causing a brother to stumble. It is often repeated in a rather catchy rhythm and I can still repeat it today, even timing the little bell tinkle just right, from when I heard it in China.

But it's OK for me to do it, right?

Stretch, touch your toes, get loosened up and exercise - but why use a form of Hindu meditation/worship to do it?

We aren't allowed to knowingly eat meat sacrificed to idols. See Acts 15 and Revelation 2.

Well, I did P90X for over 90 days, and I was actually a lot more flexible after doing it. I felt nothing like I was worshipping any "god", "deity", "idol", etc. Shoot, during the 90+ min. workout, I was too busy trying to keep up, ad grunting along the way. Going from "downward dog" to "upward dog", then to "plank", then one foot up in the air, then swinging through to "runner's pose". Then to "cresent pose", back to "runner's pose", back to plank, then "runner's pose"(using other leg), then there was "warrior one", "warrior two", "reverse warrior", whew!! I'm bushed just typing this it... :)

But I was NOT worshipping any idols whatsoever while I was doing the yoga in P90X. Grunting, yes. Worshipping, nooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back