It is John Calvin's birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Puritan Board Freshman
The great reformer was born on July 7th,1509.I had noted that he died on 5/27/1564 on another thread.

You are right

I jumped the gun on his birthday.Maybe the 7th can be a lead-in to his real July 10th birthday.I guess I am out-of-date.Or,possibly,the 7th is the newer Reformed view.

How disappointing...there for a minute I thought John Calvin and I shared the same birthday. :no: (Why it pays to always read the complete thread before jumping to conclusions.)

We do not need to be held captive by the orthodusty of a July 10th birthday. We need to embrace newer, dare I say it, [b:3a4ba5d4dc]more[/b:3a4ba5d4dc] reformed ideas about Calvin's birthday. July 10th is not enough! I would hereby like to usher in a new era: the New Perspective on Calvin's Birthday. We will boldly go where you close-minded Reformed people fear to tread: to July 7th and beyond!

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Happy birthday, John Calvin (July 10, 1509 - May 27, 1564)! :pilgrim:

amen.
his life shows what God can do,
would that each of us were 1/10 as submitted to our Lord.

"My heart I offer to you, Lord, promptly and sincerely"

Originally posted by rmwilliamsjr
Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Happy birthday, John Calvin (July 10, 1509 - May 27, 1564)! :pilgrim:

amen.
his life shows what God can do,
would that each of us were 1/10 as submitted to our Lord.

"My heart I offer to you, Lord, promptly and sincerely"

We can be and should strive to follow his example with the Spirit's help in doing the most diligent work in achieving this. Calvin was human and Christ worked that in him and desires to work that in us. Be encouraged brother.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by street preacher]

Originally posted by panicbird
We do not need to be held captive by the orthodusty of a July 10th birthday. We need to embrace newer, dare I say it, [b:3a4ba5d4dc]more[/b:3a4ba5d4dc] reformed ideas about Calvin's birthday. July 10th is not enough! I would hereby like to usher in a new era: the New Perspective on Calvin's Birthday. We will boldly go where you close-minded Reformed people fear to tread: to July 7th and beyond!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back