It's that time of year again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua,

It looks like you are on a really good low Carb diet, but I am curious as to why you are avoiding cheese. Congrats on the weight loss and the improved health, I hope to follow suit in 2013.

P.S. I prefer chili with beans, but I can't eat them because they make me fat, so I have appreciated your chili recipes even if it isn't real chili :p

f it has beans in it, it ain't chili. But bein' that you're so far Yankee-ed North,

What does the inclusion of beans have anything to do with being a Yankee?

After all, from what I can gather i
n a cursory search, the use of beans in chili originates in San Antonio... hardly a
northern enclave.

I agree. Without beans it is just sloppy Joe's.

Uh, oh...fightin' words........Grant and Lee........Hatfield's and McCoy's...............

I've lost about 26-29 lbs over the past few months using Marks and Spencer "Stay Fuller for Longer" meals and cutting back on lots of other stuff.

Fuller Longer : Our Healthy Ranges : M&S Health & Nutrition : Marks & Spencer

You probably don't have M&S in the States but you probably have something similar available.

If the diet doesn't work, you'll just feel foolish for longer!

I've still got 23 lbs to lose to cease being technically overweight.

TV programmes from the States like "My 600 lb Life" are also encouraging, because you realise that you're so much further ahead than these guys !

My chili typically consists of ground beef, stew beef, stew pork, or venison. Chili powder. Cumin. Cayenne pepper. Paprika. Tomatoes or tomato sauce. And, of course, chilis

I add onions, as well.

(I stick with coconut oil and olive oil)

Olive oil, good. Tropical oils, bad.

Or fake oils so prevalent today

Agreed. I use olive oil if I don't mind the flavor, canola if I want flavorless, and a few exotics when called for by a specific dish. For some reason, I have a bottle of sesame oil on the counter next to the olive and canola.

[video=youtube;CaK9bjLy3v4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4[/video]
I would also,offer you the Bacon at my table at this moment,but there is no longer enough for me as well.

Bacon,Bacon

Well, I was skeptical about the BACON but I have modified my diet and since adding BACON...
I've lost a couple pounds and my 3 year old son is excited to have bacon back on the menu!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back