J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir (a strange format)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Today my "J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir" (Banner of Truth) arrived in the mail nicely packaged by Reformation Heritage Books. When I removed the dust jacket, I noticed something odd. The Hardcover structure, while being of high quality, was 'upside down' compared to the pages of the book. Thus if I turned the pages up the correct way to read them the Hardcover structure was 'upside down'. Has anyone else had this issue with the Machen Biography?

I rearranged the dust cover. It was a good patch up solution.

It is only a minor concern as like all Banner of Truth Hardback books, the quality of production is excellent, as is the theology!

I have an old edition of the bio, not the BOT edition. I have had a book or two come to me with the text block upside down in relation to the cover. I cannot think which. Somewhat annoying, but nothing I cannot live with.

Today my "J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir" (Banner of Truth) arrived in the mail nicely packaged by Reformation Heritage Books. When I removed the dust jacket, I noticed something odd. The Hardcover structure, while being of high quality, was 'upside down' compared to the pages of the book. Thus if I turned the pages up the correct way to read them the Hardcover structure was 'upside down'. Has anyone else had this issue with the Machen Biography?

I rearranged the dust cover. It was a good patch up solution.

It is only a minor concern as like all Banner of Truth Hardback books, the quality of production is excellent, as is the theology!

We catch Banner titles quite often that have the binding upside down. I have a few in my library with that issue. Did you order it from us?

They must be an Acts 17:6 publisher. :)

"And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;"

We catch Banner titles quite often that have the binding upside down. I have a few in my library with that issue.
Banner of Truth are known for their high quality cloth-bound books. I realise that even the best of organisations can have quality control issues but one would hope these problems would be quite infrequent.
Did you order it from us?
Yes, as I stated above. RHB had it on sale so I decided to get it with the Ranew book on meditation.

I have an old edition of the bio, not the BOT edition. I have had a book or two come to me with the text block upside down in relation to the cover. I cannot think which. Somewhat annoying, but nothing I cannot live with.
I understand the OPC also published it about 15 years ago.

Banner of Truth are known for their high quality cloth-bound books. I realise that even the best of organisations can have quality control issues but one would hope these problems would be quite infrequent.

Yes, as I stated above. RHB had it on sale so I decided to get it with the Ranew book on meditation.
My apologies. You clearly stated that in the OP. All too often, I quickly skim posts. I don't have as much time for the PB as I would like.

My apologies. You clearly stated that in the OP. All too often, I quickly skim posts. I don't have as much time for the PB as I would like.
No problem. I appreciate there is a lot going on the PB. I must also say I appreciate the good work you do for RHB, the publishing world in general, and getting the precious truth of the scriptures and Reformed theology to the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back