J.I. Packer quote on the laity

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest, sir, that you may be fighting a straw man?
Well, it wouldn't be the first time I was guilty. I have several useful books by Packer, and a couple other introductions in books written by others. He has many fine points, probably more than I know.

Blessings.

I would go back one step further to a more generic problem, which is trying to help people see that being a Christian is full time work, that we serve Christ in our ordinary jobs, that families are seminaries of Christian learning, that we are our brother's keeper, and every believer has faith apportioned him to promote the spiritual growth of the body of Christ in word and deed.

Taking Rev. Winzer's post as a starting point, I want really ask to every PBer try to help me with this issue of of the doctrine of the callings and that being a Christian is full time work. I'm asking it because my best friend is with her mind so confused about this things, that she wants to marry ONLY to a pastor or missionary for in this way she will be glorifying God most, she'll evangelyzing most that in her actual job (infant teacher) she is wasting her time, that the world is desperately in need to hear the gospel! I think that everyone of us can agree with most of her concerns but not that this situation demands that we get out of our jobs! So, help me to try to help her! I'm really in need of biblical/Scriptures foundations/expositions about these matters!

Thanks everyone in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back