James Durham, On Scandal, Ten Commandments, 72 Sermons on Isa. 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Over many years I have focused through Naphtali Press to publish the various works of James Durham, and I continue to do so with the goal of publishing fine editions of his other ~55 sermons (besides those 72 on Isaiah 53) in one volume, and a new edition of his commentary on the Book of Revelation. If the Lord wills, I may then take up his Commentary on Song of Solomon, which would mean NP has treated all of Durham's works at that point. Previous Naphtali editions of his Treatise Concerning Scandal (1990), Ten Commandments (2002) and Sermons on Isaiah 53 (2001), are out of print, the last just going out of print (I have 2 or 3 copies left maybe). The Sermons on Isaiah 53 were the most well received, going through a second printing (2007).

I have now made all three of these works by Durham available as print on demand hardbound editions in uniform bindings and format. I am not a huge fan of P.O.D., but a third offset edition of Durham's 72 sermons on Isaiah 53 or seconds of the others, would break the bank and P.O.D. will keep Durham available when regular print runs are no longer economically feasible. And I have to confess in particularly this two volume P.O.D edition of Isaiah 53 is not that bad and easier to handle than the small dictionary size edition. As noted I do have 2 or 3 of that edition left and it is a nice volume to have. Both my main distributors are now out; so those 2 or 3 are the last copies available new.

I have revised as necessary, particularly updating the 1990 work to make the footnotes of references more helpful. These are all available at the Naphtali Press page at Lulu.com listed at $35 per volume. Lulu often has discount sales of up to 25% off. This will keep these works available now in satisfactory if not completely the whole nine yards, editions. And they will have the benefit of uniformity. See the attached picture.

Naphtali Press's Books and Publications Spotlight
Durham's Lectures on Job and other titles produced by formal offset printing and bind are available as always at the Naphtali site, Naphtali Press.
DurhamSet.jpg

Chris:

Thank you so much for doing this! Durham's work need to remain available and you have produced excellent editions that can stand in good stead with any publisher's efforts. Blessings to you and prayers that you will be able to complete Durham's works. I, for one will be eagerly anticipating any new editions of Durham's works.

To all on the PB: If you haven't purchased any of the Naphtali Press editions of Durham, please make haste to do so. You will be blessed by Durham's writings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back