James Earl Jones Audio Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have it on a multi-CD set. I never listened to it and ended up giving it to an elderly woman in my church who is blind and can't read her Bible any more.

Although James Earl Jones has one of the most beautiful speaking voices I have ever heard, his reading of the Bible is atrociously bad. He reads with very little understanding of what is there.

Although James Earl Jones has one of the most beautiful speaking voices I have ever heard, his reading of the Bible is atrociously bad. He reads with very little understanding of what is there.
I completely agree. He reads a frightening passage like the first chapter of Nahum as though it were the 23rd Psalm.

Last edited:
Sad but true on James Earl Jones. It should have worked.

I also prefer Johnny Cash.

Only a Scotsman can read the Scriptures aloud properly.

John Rhys-Davies is Welsh and has done wonderfully with portions.

Sad but true on James Earl Jones. It should have worked.

I also prefer Johnny Cash.

Only a Scotsman can read the Scriptures aloud properly.

John Rhys-Davies is Welsh and has done wonderfully with portions.
You mean General Pushkin did an audio Bible too?
images

Yah...

English teacher here. If you don't understand what you're reading, it doesn't work. Just try Shakespeare with an actor who doesn't "get it": nobody will get it.

One of my favorite narrator is Simon Vance. I'd be very happy if he undertook a narration of the Bible. He has done a number of Christian and Puritan books like Baxter's The Reformed Pastor that are excellent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back