James Ussher's A Body of Divinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Puritan Board members should note that Solid Ground Christian Books have re-published Archbishop James Ussher's A Body of Divinity. When I saw this on the shelves of Evangelical Bookshop in Belfast I could hardly contain my excitement. :banana::banana::banana:

This is a vital resource for better understanding the Westminster Standards:westminster:, as Ussher uses virtually identical language. Moreover, the book is set out in a question and answer format and seems very easy to read.

:up: :cheers: To SGCB for re-printing this valuable book in such an attractive format. :)

Thanks for mentioning that its easy to read :) I ran into a problem with a puritan book i had purchased. I couldnt focus on it for more then 1 minute. :lol:

Thanks for mentioning that its easy to read :) I ran into a problem with a puritan book i had purchased. I couldnt focus on it for more then 1 minute. :lol:

I often have the same problem with Puritan books myself; it may be the case that some of them are only meant for ministers and others who have adequate time to study them. There are some books I have used when writing stuff that have been useful, but when I had tried to read them on other occasions it was near impossible - an example of this is Matthew Poole's commentary. I couldn't read it in daily devotions - and therefore sold it - but I found it useful when researching something recently. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back