Jean Daillé on the sacrament of the body and blood of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. I have yet to read anything by Daillé outside of what you have posted. Have you worked through his Colossians commentary?

Thanks for sharing. I have yet to read anything by Daillé outside of what you have posted. Have you worked through his Colossians commentary?

Do you mean the commentary on Philippians? I was considering reading it in the near future, as I am trying to read at least one of the older doctrinal commentaries at a time. I am currently reading John Calvin on Acts both morning and evening, but I will try to start something else and only read Calvin's once a day.

Do you mean the commentary on Philippians? I was considering reading it in the near future, as I am trying to read at least one of the older doctrinal commentaries at a time. I am currently reading John Calvin on Acts both morning and evening, but I will try to start something else and only read Calvin's once a day.

He also did an exposition of Colossians. It is included with his Philippians exposition in the Tentmaker edition.

He also did an exposition of Colossians. It is included with his Philippians exposition in the Tentmaker edition.

That fact has escaped my notice thus far, as I was looking at what was on the PRDL. Thanks for the information. I finished John Davenant's near-1,000 page exposition of Colossians a few months ago, so I am not ready for another one just yet. :lol:

My favorite work of his is John Daillé, A Treatise on the Right Use of the Fathers in the Decision of Controversies Existing at this Day in Religion, 2nd American ed., rev. (Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board of Education, 1856). I recommend this work as one to read before one begins a study of Patristic works. I regard his insights as very helpful.

William Cunningham refers to Jean Daillé as "a celebrated divine of the French Protestant Church ..." (Theological Lectures, p. 46)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back