Jeff Durbin's Presuppositional Apologetics Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I went to a debate in Tempe several years back featuring Jeff Durbin, another Pastor from Roosevelt Church in Phoenix, and opposing positions from several atheists from ASU. In my opinion, the atheist, who held their own credentials in quite high esteem, seemed visibly shaken by the mid way of the debate. Part of me wanted to just invite them out for coffee afterwards to put into practice the Christian walk after it had been so vigorously defended. It does seem that his approach has somewhat changed over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree that his approach has changed, but in a refinement sort of way. The more he has debated, the better he has become (not going down rabbit trails).

My wife and I regularly listen to the radio show/podcast "Apologia Radio" he hosts with Luke (seen in the second video above) and Joy. We've been listeners since 2012. They've had all sorts of people on (James White, Joel McDurmon, Sye Ten Bruggencate, Gary DeMar, Doug Wilson, etc).

I don't see eye-to-eye with him on everything, but we are in agreement on a lot.

Jeff Durbin is fantastic. He has a great sense of humor, a humble and gentle spirit, a huge heart, a love for the Lord, and a zeal for His work.

Praise God for such men.

I liked Doug Wilson's description of Presupositional apologetics being a demolition derby, showing other views are inconsistent and blowing them up.
I'm wondering if consistency with the evidence is a subset of presuppositional apologetics, so a presuppositionalist can still argue from evidence to show consistency

He also does some great evangelizing and outreach to Mormons. He is definitely the most respectful presuppositional apologist I've seen.

He is definitely the most respectful presuppositional apologist I've seen.

I agree, sometimes the presuppositional apologist can come off arrogant, but the Word of God is so clear it is usually hard for this relativist culture to swallow a truth that is so absolute. He and Dustin Segers (YouTube Link) are two of the humblest ones I've heard. Usually the atheist are eager to continue the discussion at a future date, despite them being shaken/confused by what they have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back