Jesus Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
That gives me flashbacks.
icon_stressed.gif

Creepy. I don't see how anyone would be attracted to this sort of thing. Even in my "Evanjellyfish" daze, I would not have found something like this attractive.

Heil Comrades,
The time of purification is near. Give me the resources and I can do a much better film. While there were freaky elements, let's step back for a moment. In the eyes of the world, what makes us different than them? Little. Yes, we have our minute distinctions on 2kingdomz, but few people outside our little camp will grasp that distinction.

Let's pretend that a Reformed speaker goes to a pro-life rally (there are still a few Reformed speakers like that). I can cut and paste several scenes together and this speaker can be the most rabid Klinean, but I can make him look like a paramilitary officer.

Context is key. That video had a lot of correct phrases: raising our children because the enemy is raising theirs'; righteous judges, homeschooling, etc. Now, it was horribly skewered, but the idea itself is not wrong.

The kid also had a mullet; that was cool.

I am not endorsing the movie; just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Heil Comrades,
The time of purification is near. Give me the resources and I can do a much better film. While there were freaky elements, let's step back for a moment. In the eyes of the world, what makes us different than them? Little. Yes, we have our minute distinctions on 2kingdomz, but few people outside our little camp will grasp that distinction.

Let's pretend that a Reformed speaker goes to a pro-life rally (there are still a few Reformed speakers like that). I can cut and paste several scenes together and this speaker can be the most rabid Klinean, but I can make him look like a paramilitary officer.

Context is key. That video had a lot of correct phrases: raising our children because the enemy is raising theirs'; righteous judges, homeschooling, etc. Now, it was horribly skewered, but the idea itself is not wrong.

The kid also had a mullet; that was cool.

I am not endorsing the movie; just don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Do you endorse the mullet?

Business in the front, party in the back!
:rofl:............I take it you have Googled some Mullet sighting sites! Some those are too funny! My priest did not know what a mullet was! We Googled some mullet sites for him and after he stared in horror for a minute he said, "Do they worship the devil?":rofl: It was deadpan....he was serious.....I do confess I found the most EXTREME mullets for him, but it was funny!

I know many, many, many people who think this movie reflects ALL of Christianity. I know high school teachers and College professors who use it in class to discredit Christians.

I know many, many, many people who think this movie reflects ALL of Christianity. I know high school teachers and College professors who use it in class to discredit Christians.
And yet they fear to make fun of Muslims.............who by the way provide better material.

Well, let's face it: It's good material for those against us to discredit the church. It's ridiculous. It's silly. And, frankly, it's embarassing!

Hey! I had a Billy Ray Cyrus Mullet for YEARS. Enough with saying they are evil :)
Sorry, a man can be serious about his mullet..........Adam........you got any old pics of that? Do a temp. Avatar Adam with his Achy-Breaky heart Mullet!

Technically, isn't it more like a Jedi Rat Tail? Maybe they have discovered the secret of the Force.

One of those churches is right here in my own city.

To me this is this is strictly "100% USDA Made In America Evangelicalism". This is what I use to dislike about American Protestantism before I was a Roman Catholic.

Where does our battle belong??

This movie just showed me how diverse the term "evangelical" can be stretched to define a church. A constant worry of mine is how those who are truly reformed need to be in more dialog with these "evangelicals" because the gospel has been removed from so many "liberal" and "conservative" churches as this movie shows. We need to be witnessing and bringing the gospel to these churches just as much as those who dont profess Christ.

That gives me flashbacks.
icon_stressed.gif

Precisely. Hey, folks - This IS the shape of churches right down your street. My association with one which practiced this type thing was quite eye-opening. There was a movement within that actually sought to have the children teach, preach and lead worship because as children they had some "special anointing" in innocence. I find no such exhortation in scripture. Like some kid understands and can teach sound doctrine:doh:

It's just part of how we got here. "Here" being the shambles our evangelical churches have become.

I haven't seem the movie but I've seen the kids. Witnessing their faith, boldly speaking of Christ, having a ready defense. I don't agree with much of what passes as Evangelical Theology today but I can hardly fault Evangelicals for "preparing" their Children.

Of course I was the (at the time Dispensationalist) Christian father who got the phone calls from the teacher because his son was spending recess expounding the book of Revelations. (AV1611 knows the son who did this and will probably get a chuckle from this)

I keep walking by this documentary in the video store and I feel strange just thinking about it. I left a charismatic church only last September, so I KNOW what goes on first hand. I've said that I'll rent it one day but frankly, I don't think I could view it without crying eing angry or just feeling totally bummed out afterward....

Okay I just youtubed it and found some other clips to watch...based on what I saw, the woman IS preaching repentance and faith in Christ to the kids as the only means of salvation. I can find no fault in that....I need to watch the entire thing before making any other statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back