Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the official thread for the annual fight between those that won't preach about the nativity between Thanksgiving and the end of the year and those who treat December 25 as special?

No. This is the promotional forum for Puritan Publications. Take the fight to the Pretended Holy Days sub forum.
Is this the official thread for the annual fight between those that won't preach about the nativity between Thanksgiving and the end of the year and those who treat December 25 as special?

I purchased a copy and loaded the KINDLE versions to the kindle app on my PC. However, it's not syncing up with my kindle device.

Does anybody know how to sync the APP with the Device?

I purchased a copy and loaded the KINDLE versions to the kindle app on my PC. However, it's not syncing up with my kindle device.

Does anybody know how to sync the APP with the Device?
As far as I know, only books purchased directly from Amazon will sync between devices.

ive never loaded books that way. I always just email them to my kindle email and they show up everywhere then.

You also need to approve the email you will send from.

Then you can send books and pdf’s. If you want to convert a pdf to book just attach and put “convert” as the email subject

I purchased the books and really look forward to reading them. I've never thought of Christmas and holidays as violations of the regulative principle until recently. I remember the cries to "Put Christ back in Christmas!" Now I'm thinking he was never there to begin with and doesn't desire to be.

At the risk of sounding like an anti-sabbatarian, Christ is in every day for believers! Just like we celebrate the resurrection 52 Lord's Days of the year, including the one that has been celebrated for a lot longer than Christmas has, and has nothing to do with what it happens to be called in English and German - out of a vast array of other languages which call it (effectively) "Passover". That's not to say it's justified, but I suspect there's no way of knowing whether it has always had an annual remembrance (by custom rather than by commandment) or not, whereas the same possibility for an annual celebration of Christ's birth seems a lot less likely. BTW how do we distinguish celebrating Christ's birth (something that stopped in my family 50 years ago) from the Jews celebrating Purim? Why is one bad, but the other equally uncommanded celebration OK? Is it because most churches bring it into public worship? Or because of the association with Saturnalia?

Moderating. Folks; not repeating a third time. Discussion goes in the appropriate sub forum of the worship forum. NOT HERE.

I found a way to send the documents to the Kindle Device.

You can use the epub versions in the purchase to get them to display through the Amazon.com Send to Kindle webpage. There is a delay, and I don't have a definite timeline for you. I loaded them on Saturday morning around 9:30am and came home at 12:00pm and they were present.

My guess that it would take around 10-15min. Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back