Joe Morecraft on the uniqueness of WLC Q1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per www.bizapedia.com, here's their address:

Four Falls Press
77 Riverside Drive
Centreville, Alabama 35042

This is listed as both their physical address and their mailing address. No phone number or email address, but it's better than nothing.

www.bizapedia.com/al/four-falls-press-inc.html

UPDATE: Here's an email address, which I found on the confirmation email they sent: [email protected].

They really need to put this stuff on their website.

Last edited:
Did you find their email confirmation, Taylor?

Yes, sir! Thank you for the help. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to look in the spam folder, especially since their bare bones website makes them look like spam.

I didn’t, however, see where they only ship on Mondays.

Yes, sir! Thank you for the help. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me to look in the spam folder, especially since their bare bones website makes them look like spam.

That statement is on the Westminster Commentary page, the page that describes the set.

Thanks; you might suggest putting in a contact form at least that forwards queries to them if they don't want to publish an email for the spam magnet it is. That is what I do on my sites.

I wonder if the reason why their website is so sparse is that the company was founded for the express purpose of putting this set back into print, and there will be no other publications from Four Falls Press. Does that make any sense? Has that ever been done before?

I wonder if the reason why their website is so sparse is that the company was founded for the express purpose of putting this set back into print, and there will be no other publications from Four Falls Press. Does that make any sense? Has that ever been done before?
I don't know; the "one and done" publishing efforts usually are involuntary.

Taylor, has your set arrived yet? I ordered mine the same day you did, and it arrived today (Friday, 4/10). It's a very, very handsome looking set, with a pleasing typeface (font, whatever) and page layout. (Priority mail, and it was still two days late.)

Taylor, has your set arrived yet? I ordered mine the same day you did, and it arrived today (Friday, 4/10). It's a very, very handsome looking set, with a pleasing typeface (font, whatever) and page layout. (Priority mail, and it was still two days late.)

Yes, mine arrived Wednesday. Now, granted, Four Falls Press is in Alabama, and I am in Georgia. I figured it would get here quick.

I agree that the book set is very nice. The paper, binding, and typeface remind me of RHB’s à Brakel set.

Last edited:
Are you both going to be starting it soon? I have been thinking for a while that it would be fun to do a PB book study.

I have already started it. I just finished the introduction to the Westminster Standards, and I am a few pages in to Morecraft’s actual exposition. I’m around page 100.

Are you both going to be starting it soon? I have been thinking for a while that it would be fun to do a PB book study.

Yes, I plan to start Volume 1 today. Cruising through the set, I notice that Volumes 5 and 6 are wholly given over to an exposition of the Ten Commandments - which should be very interesting, of course.

I'll start my reading by skipping past the 26 pages of recommendations, encomiums, and other dust-jacket-style blurbs. I've noticed this as an unfortunate trend in publishing. I think one page, with three or four short recommendations would be OK, but 26 pages of this stuff? I hope Morecraft was embarrassed by it. If he wasn't, he should have been.

Anyway, starting it today.

Please do post regular insights as you all get underway with these volumes. The price for the hardcopy volumes is a little too rich for me at the moment, so I'd benefit from learning vicariously through you fellas in the interim.

I did notice that, too. I have never seen such a volume of endorsements included in a book.

It's aggravating, too, because at least a couple of those pages could have been devoted to a detailed explanation as to what makes the second edition different from the first edition, besides the re-typesetting and binding, and how that work was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back