Joel Beeke to speak at London conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset

Puritan Board Junior
Joel Beeke is giving four talks on sanctification at this July's Metropolitan Tabernacle School of Theology. Conference will be at the Met Tab Elephant and Castle running from Tues 3rd to Thurs 5th July. A ticket for all three days is £16 (approx $30) - a bargain. Most of the others speakers are probably not known outside the UK, except possibly Dr Ted Williams, who is giving two talks on "Who are the new Calvinists?" Any views as to the soundness of Dr Williams would be appreciated. Full information is available at Metropolitan Tabernacle - Spurgeon's Tabernacle, London

I certainly hope to go to this, I am already trying to sort cover for the shop. The only possible downside is the Metropolitan Tabernacle bookshop, which is reformed and very reasonably priced - I'll probably spend more there than on the rest of the expenses put together.

Hi Ken

I frequently go, though I won't be going this year, going to the Banner instead. Haven't been for a couple of years actually. Dr. Williams is sound enough, but that doesn't mean you'll agree with him. He will take a very dim view of new Calvinists (emphasis on very!). Dr. Beeke is great and I have always enjoyed all the other speakers too. Chris Hand I expect will be very good.

Enjoy. And take an extra bag - I take it you're taking the train - we have to fly - big book shop problems!

Dr. Beeke has been known to pack a bunch of books to sell as well.

We had him speak for our spring conference last year. Outstanding preaching (and book deals)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back