Joel Beeke's Heidelberg Catechism Sermons - New vs. Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Reformation Heritage Books recently advertised a new edition (or a new re-printing) of Dr. Beeke's sermons on the Heidelberg Catechism.

So, now I'm confused.

I have the original issue, which is in five volumes totaling 1,232 pages. The new issue is in two volumes totaling 1,922 pages. Also, the new issue is published, as the original was, as a plastic spiral-bound set of paperbacks.

My questions are: where did the additional 690 pages come from? Is it new material that has been added? Is it old material that has been re-worked? And, since the set is 690 pages longer, how did they manage to make it two volumes instead of five (or even expanding it into six)? Each of the two volumes would have to have about a thousand pages straining those plastic bindings. The five volumes I have are straining at their bindings now!

The difference in length between the old and new versions goes unexplained in RHB's ad.

I guess what I'm saying is that RHB should explain more thoroughly why someone who already owns the original set would be justified in buying the new one.

Please un-confuse me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back