John Brown of Haddington's Systematic Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMK

Administrator
Staff member
I am absolutely loving Brown of Haddington's "A Compendious View of Natural and Revealed Religion" available at Googlebooks. Is it the same as the modern book titled "The Systematic Theology of John Brown of Haddington"? Or is it abridged?

Ken, Yes, it is the same work. The modern reprint is not abridged. (I'm not sure why they titled it, "The Systematic Theology of John Brown.")

I liked John Brown's biography but its been so long since I read it I don't remember much.
I love John Brown's Commentary on Gal 2:2 where he calls a any other gospel a false gospel, but I think this is Brown of Edinburgh a different man. Not sure if they were related?

I liked John Brown's biography but its been so long since I read it I don't remember much.
I love John Brown's Commentary on Gal 2:2 where he calls a any other gospel a false gospel, but I think this is Brown of Edinburgh a different man. Not sure if they were related?

Correct. Two different John Browns. Off hand I can think of at least 4 notable theologians named John Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back