John Calvin the....homosexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the easy answer:
Someone who can't be trusted to handle multiple, readily available, clear, and full sources accurately (Calvin's doctrine of predestination and divine sovereignty) doesn't commend himself as a reliable source for obscure, controverted, and missing sources (the arrest record in Noyon).

Not sure about the sodomy charge proof, but a simple Google search shows very few in the way of resources on this regard.

In addition, the one source I did find (see links below), points out the conviction was in 1527 (age 18), not in 1534 as this writer claims. Assuming he did commit this crime, he was an unbeliever when it occurred. As a result, it would hardly be fair to judge the genuineness of his conversion based on his past life.

What are we to think of Calvin

So he was branded on the shoulder with a lily. And the Geneva City Council who paid him a nice salary never thought to ask to see it? It would seem a rather easy claim to settle one way or another.

My neighbors tell people that I am a drug dealer, and that i prostitute myself for money as well.

Matthew Chapter 5

11 "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.
12 "Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
NASB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back