John Owen's Correspondence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
John_Owen_%28theologian%29.jpg

Is the correspondence of John Owen available online?

Is it in his Works published by Banner?

I don't think so.

Have you heard that these are available? I'm curious because from what I understand, Owen's house burned down a few years after his death, consuming his journal and letters.

I had a copy of it in my hand in a Library yesterday, and you can purchase it of Amazon. I am just wondering if there is an addition online anywhere?

I have either a masters or a doctorate work on Owen's political philosophy. I'll see if I can't get it to you one way or the other.

I have either a masters or a doctorate work on Owen's political philosophy. I'll see if I can't get it to you one way or the other.

When I first read this I thought you were going to give me a Master's or a Doctrate...then I thought you meant you had a Masters or a Doctrate, but could not remember which one it was...but now I have figured out what you mean. :coffee:

I was not even aware that man was a Christian. Never heard of him before.

Peter Toon has given what I believe is the best treatment of the Tractarian Controversy. I recommend it highly. See Peter Toon, Evangelical Theology 1833-1856: A Response to Tractarianism (Atlanta: John Knox Press, 1979).

DTK

I see in the back of one of Gary North's books that he wrote a book on the Puritans and the Restoration of the Jews; that sounds like something worth following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back