John Rambo Movie Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
For those who don't know, this is the new Rambo film where he goes in to a foreign country to resuce Christian Missionaries who were arrested for spreading the gospel.

john.jpg

Well, that's good since the last movie he helped the Afghans against the Russians.

I guess he decided to leave after the Taliban took over. :lol:

Anyway, what's up with Stallone returning to his old school characters?

Not sure, but the last Rocky was really good, in my opinion. It was a much better way to end the series than Rocky V. I'm sure if one can stomach the violence in the latest Rambo it will be really good as well. Cause hey, it's Rambo. I'm a fan of Stallone's older characters.

So what's with the whole "rescue Christian missionaries" thing? Is Stallone trying to be pro-Christian or anti-Christian with this plot?

So what's with the whole "rescue Christian missionaries" thing? Is Stallone trying to be pro-Christian or anti-Christian with this plot?

Mark,

Stallone is a devout R.C., so the theme should be pro-Christian in terms of how Catholics think. Obviously, as Reformed believers our definition of Christian is different than that of the Roman Catholic Church.

But as Adam said, Sly is trying to 'redeem' Rambo and Rocky with his latest movies. His intentions are good, but if he is outside of the Lord Jesus Christ his intentions won't matter one bit on Judgment Day.

I pray he knows our Lord Jesus as his own Lord and Savior.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I didn't know Stallone was RC. I knew he professed to be a Christian and that he has renewed his devotion to his faith. Thus the reasons to "redeem" the characters. Too bad if he's RC though. :(

Hmmm, I didn't know Stallone was RC. I knew he professed to be a Christian and that he has renewed his devotion to his faith. Thus the reasons to "redeem" the characters. Too bad if he's RC though. :(
Actually I've seen him drop off his kids at a daycare at Bel Air Presbyterian Church (PCUSA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back