Josh 6:21

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark thompson

Puritan Board Freshman
Joshua 6:21
KJV 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
ECB 21 and they devote all that is in the city - both man and woman - from lad to old man and ox and lamb and he burro with the mouth of the sword.

These are my thoughts.
God had them destroy everything, we see this as cruel but were given a time of mercy to come to the Lord before this happen, whether it is seen as cruel or not the time of judgment will come to those who choose sin over the Lord.

Joshua 6:21
KJV 21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.
ECB 21 and they devote all that is in the city - both man and woman - from lad to old man and ox and lamb and he burro with the mouth of the sword.

These are my thoughts.
God had them destroy everything, we see this as cruel but were given a time of mercy to come to the Lord before this happen, whether it is seen as cruel or not the time of judgment will come to those who choose sin over the Lord.

Jericho was not given a time of mercy. I do not see anything in the scriptures (to my knowledge) that would imply repentance for Jericho. Jericho was already destined to be given to Israel.

"And Moses went up from the plains of Moab unto the mountain of Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, that is over against Jericho. And the Lord shewed him all the land of Gilead, unto Dan, 2 and all Naphtali, and the land of Ephraim, and Manasseh, and all the land of Judah, unto the utmost sea, 3 and the south, and the plain of the valley of Jericho, the city of palm trees, unto Zoar. 4 And the Lord said unto him, This is the land which I sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, saying, I will give it unto thy seed: I have caused thee to see it with thine eyes, but thou shalt not go over thither." -Deut. 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back