Joyce Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce Meyer, yet another theological and spiritual pygmy. The same ilk as Hagin, Copland, Price. She preaches heresy and flouts the Scriptures to do so. She needs to read (and heed) 1st Timothy 3:1-13.

Dont go, she is a flat out heretic. Explain to your wife that you must simply obey your conscience which is governed by scripture and in light of that will not attend nor she.

Or better yet, try to bring your wife to reason and to agree with you! I would prefer that much more, though I would obey my husband regardless.

Yes. Explain it nicely. Joyce Myers make bile rise in my throat, so I wouldn't advise you to go. BUT, do recognize that you're making a really last minute decision that may very well confuse and embarrass your wife. (for bailing out on the other couple) Also, don't make her tell the other couple you're not going.

And making it into a date night instead is a great idea. :)

I certainly didnt mean to give the impression of male chauvinistic lording over. I simply mean to imply purposing for he and his family to serve the Lord. Of course one must do so with love and tenderness.

I certainly didnt mean to give the impression of male chauvinistic lording over. I simply mean to imply purposing for he and his family to serve the Lord. Of course one must do so with love and tenderness.

Oh, I know you didn't! :) I just wanted to emphasize that things would probably go over better if it was done, as you noted, with "love and tenderness"

If you are prone to migraines or hyper tension that Niacin flush will give you a headache!

Of course, the conference will as well.

Sung to the tune of If You Leave Me Now by Chicago

If You Leave With Them

If you leave with them, you'll come away with nonsense prophecy,
Ooooo Paul, D. Paul please don't go!
And if you leave with them, she'll tickle all your ears with heresy,

A faith like ours is truth that's hard to find,
How can you let it slip away,
You'll drive real far and get a sore behind,
from kicking yourself along the way,
When the shows all done you'll all regret,
The time wasted that day,

(Guitar Solo)

This Joyce Meyer is a most goofy kind,
Almost as bad as Tammy Fay,

That girl, I Just wish she was on Christ's side,

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks, Bill...I will be singing this song all day now. I used to like that song, but you put Joyce Myers into it and well, that is just gross! :lol: Are we related? I do stuff like this all the time...just not on Puritan Board where the rest of the world can see it. :lol: I understand you, Bill. It kind of scares me. :p

Don't go to hear her. It is bad doctrine, bad for your wife, bad for you. I can think of many reasons not to go. I run into this kind of stuff more with Beth Moore, I think most everybody I know is trying to get me to read her stuff. UGH! Your wife will respect you for wanting to protect her from false teachers. I knew lots of women that listened to Joyce Myers years ago and Brad told me I was not to listen to her. I didn't understand it at the time, but I do now. Your job is to protect her from heresy. PLEASE, don't go!

Please dont go! When you have the purity of Christ available, why turn instead to compromise and false doctrine instead? I implore you, as an ambassador of Christ, do not go and listen to false doctrine!

Thanks, Bill...I will be singing this song all day now. I used to like that song, but you put Joyce Myers into it and well, that is just gross! :lol: Are we related? I do stuff like this all the time...just not on Puritan Board where the rest of the world can see it. :lol: I understand you, Bill. It kind of scares me. :p

I'm glad you said that, Sister Mindy, because I PM'd Bill and asked him to write it. All I could think of was that song while people were begging Brother D. Paul: :sing:Ooh hoo, no D. Paul, please don't go!:sing:

I love this place and I love everyone here - even the people who get on my nerves. And that would include me since I get on my own nerves! ;)

Dont go, she is a flat out heretic. Explain to your wife that you must simply obey your conscience which is governed by scripture and in light of that will not attend nor she.

Or better yet, try to bring your wife to reason and to agree with you! I would prefer that much more, though I would obey my husband regardless.

Yes. Explain it nicely. Joyce Myers make bile rise in my throat, so I wouldn't advise you to go. BUT, do recognize that you're making a really last minute decision that may very well confuse and embarrass your wife. (for bailing out on the other couple) Also, don't make her tell the other couple you're not going.

And making it into a date night instead is a great idea. :)

It might confuse and embarrass your wife, Donald, but anything is better than subjecting yourself and allowing her to be subjected to false teaching. If you've already paid for the tickets, count it loss for Christ. If your friends paid for tickets, offer to pay for them and do something else, like go for a picnic and spread out the blanket and the Word. ANYTHING is better than what you will face at this conference.

If embarrassment and confusion comes to your wife, and frustration from your friends, you as head of the house need to take the brunt of it, and simply say that you're not going. Whatever comes, comes. This is a trial, and I respectfully and humbly suggest that you really need to say no, whatever the consequences. Please.. for you and your wife's sake.

Donald,

I understand your dilemma, I've been in similar situations so many times! I have several charismatic friends that are always inviting me to events, so I completely understand your desire to keep peace with them! But, honestly, your first responsibility is to lead and protect your wife, and whatever teaching you sit under.....you will have to answer to God for that! I wouldn't be as concerned with wounding your friends or wife temporarily. They may get a bit upset intially....but I think this is a wonderful opportunity to stand for true teaching! I've been in situations where I've had to tell people that I cannot go, and it has been a great time to discuss Biblical truth and doctrines! I would pray for your wife, and pray for this couple, and pray that God would use this as an opportunity to defend sound Biblical teaching! Perhaps the Lord is using this, and will have mercy on them! Please don't see this as a time to compromise, but see it as a time to glorify God!

:eek: I had no idea this would elicit such a dramatic response. The one that was like a slap to the face was this:
Damon Rambo "...if I had to bet money on a sentence I would NEVER hear on the Puritan Board, it would be "Me and my wife are going to see Joyce Meyers..."

Wow. Leave it to me...

Not intending to rationalize, but since Beth Moore was brought up, what if it were her instead? There is a lengthy thread on the PB regarding her and she seems to be "acceptable". I have some issues with her also. She may not be of the ilk of Jakes, Copeland etc like JM, though.

So, OK, I'll address the issue tonight.

I'm glad I didn't post it as a poll Q.

:eek: I had no idea this would elicit such a dramatic response. The one that was like a slap to the face was this:
Damon Rambo "...if I had to bet money on a sentence I would NEVER hear on the Puritan Board, it would be "Me and my wife are going to see Joyce Meyers..."

Wow. Leave it to me...

Not intending to rationalize, but since Beth Moore was brought up, what if it were her instead? There is a lengthy thread on the PB regarding her and she seems to be "acceptable". I have some issues with her also. She may not be of the ilk of Jakes, Copeland etc like JM, though.

So, OK, I'll address the issue tonight.

I'm glad I didn't post it as a poll Q.

I remember that thread...I didn't see where anyone found her "acceptable", or at least not the majority. I've taken her courses, before being Reformed. There are issues, but not out and out heresy.

Beth Moore : issues + within realm of orthodoxy

Joyce Meyers: issues + heretical teaching

With a little research you know, going in:

Arminian influenced + Dispensational + No binding confession of belief

Then, you would need to overlook the distortion of the gospel in the "prosperity gospel," and then overlook the merchandising of the gospel, and then accept accept extra-biblical revelation that will be presented as if it were new revelation of God...

But even if these aspects were basically biblical, you are giving yourself to a woman falsely presuming to place herself in ecclesiastical teaching (and even apostolic) authority over you.

Biblically, this is offensive to our God. I wouldn't recommend supporting this, even for a joke.

I have been critical of Beth Moore on this forum and have stated that I would not use one of her Bible studies in my reformed church because I think some of her teaching will conflict with what we believe and teach. However, being aware of the basic differences, if someone gave me a free ticket to go on her cruise, I'd probably force myself to go.;)

However, I would not knowingly go hear heresy. So Joyce Meyer would be out of the question.

I think it would be immensely helpful if someone here who knows would list some of her specific errors because this change of plans will likely require some explanation to his wife.

I am going on a little trip! My wife and I have been close friends with another couple for several years now. Our backgrounds are all related as products of the Holiness movement; our friends and my wife knowing nothing but Pentecostalism and I being raised Nazarene. I have moved the furthest from and have severed the ties to those roots. My wife and friends remain basically Pentecostal in their thinking/belief although we all attend a General Baptist Church. OK, So much for that...

My wife and I have been invited by this couple to an upcoming Joyce Meyer Conference. Personally, I have no need for JM. She offers me little to nothing when I have listened to her. But we will go.

For those who may not be aware, I recently lost my job (thanks for prayer) so I am anticipating that the timing of this event will be viewed as being "divinely appointed" and that JM will having something to "speak into my spirit" or have some "prophesy". (Is my bias showing?:smug:)

We've had our conversations regarding the opposing doctrines before, so they are somewhat aware of where I stand. I cannot help but understand the Charismatic stuff since it's crammed down our throats everywhere we turn. But I've seen it before. They will gush over how "awesome" it was etc etc and unless I want to ruin the trip, I'll have relatively little to say.

So, I don't know...what can I do? What would any of you do?:(

Stay home, she is a heretic...period.:2cents:

So...I wonder...should he go? :p: :rofl:

JM is based in the St. Louis area. I'd rather go to a St. Louis Cardinals game!

Last edited:
Reading Hank Hanegraaff's book 'Christianity in Crisis: 21st Century' has opened my eyes to how 'far out' Joyce Meyer is. Praying for you in this difficult situation, Donald.

I WOULD go; I would take copious notes of what she said; and I would then get my wife and friends together afterwards and show them how far off she is biblically. 90% of the charismatic movement is in the presentation (selling the sizzle, not the steak). Use your copious notes to keep your friends and family on track to what she SAYS and contrast that against what the Bible says and what you know to be orthodox.

Sung to the tune of If You Leave Me Now by Chicago

If You Leave With Them

And if you leave with them, she'll tickle all your ears with heresy,

You'll drive real far and get a sore behind,
from kicking yourself along the way,

(Guitar Solo)

This Joyce Meyer is a most goofy kind,
Almost as bad as Tammy Fay,

That girl, I Just wish she was on Christ's side,

Don't go to hear her. It is bad doctrine, bad for your wife, bad for you. I can think of many reasons not to go. I run into this kind of stuff more with Beth Moore, I think most everybody I know is trying to get me to read her stuff. UGH! Your wife will respect you for wanting to protect her from false teachers. I knew lots of women that listened to Joyce Myers years ago and Brad told me I was not to listen to her. I didn't understand it at the time, but I do now. Your job is to protect her from heresy. PLEASE, don't go!

Understanding me is scary. I mean, I don't even understand me.

Theognome

OK, it's 1000 to 1 against my going; Calvin'sCuz the lone "Yay".:surrender:

I am now going to dare broach a touchy subject.

***Disclaimer: I am NOT attempting to skirt the issue or conjure some rationale. I agree concerning JM's heretical teachings etc. I was forced several years ago to investigate the teachings of the whole bunch of WordFaith nut-jobs. I read Charismatic Chaos, A Different Gospel, Power Religion, Blinded By Might etc and have had many one-on-ones with a former Pastor who leaned heavily on WordFaith stuff. So I've done a good bit of homework. So...

My wife and I took a walk together this evening and I brought up the weekend. The conversation went OK but also went as expected. But I thought of something. Recall the threads regarding Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ movie? We had some here on the PB who went to see it. My only reason for bringing that up is that the same reasons presented here regarding JM could be used for those who saw The Passion. It makes it neither right nor wrong, but heresy / blasphemy is what it is.

Now, I'm not tracking who saw The Passion and who is posting the "Nay" in this thread to find discrepancy or :eek: hypocrisy, but is the parallel warranted or am I missing something?

OK, it's 1000 to 1 against my going; Calvin'sCuz the lone "Yay".:surrender:

I am now going to dare broach a touchy subject.

***Disclaimer: I am NOT attempting to skirt the issue or conjure some rationale. I agree concerning JM's heretical teachings etc. I was forced several years ago to investigate the teachings of the whole bunch of WordFaith nut-jobs. I read Charismatic Chaos, A Different Gospel, Power Religion, Blinded By Might etc and have had many one-on-ones with a former Pastor who leaned heavily on WordFaith stuff. So I've done a good bit of homework. So...

My wife and I took a walk together this evening and I brought up the weekend. The conversation went OK but also went as expected. But I thought of something. Recall the threads regarding Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ movie? We had some here on the PB who went to see it. My only reason for bringing that up is that the same reasons presented here regarding JM could be used for those who saw The Passion. It makes it neither right nor wrong, but heresy / blasphemy is what it is.

Now, I'm not tracking who saw The Passion and who is posting the "Nay" in this thread to find discrepancy or :eek: hypocrisy, but is the parallel warranted or am I missing something?

Personally, I never saw the movie. However, I don't see much of a parallel. Although many folk may deride both, it is for different reasons. The Passion is not a woman 'preacher' leading a heretical 'worship' service, nor is Meyer a movie showing iconic images of sometimes questionable doctrines.

Theognome

Theognome; Personally said:
True, but in either cases, folks know going in what they will witness. In neither case is Biblical Doctrine being upheld or taught.

Well, the "event" is this coming Saturday. I recall I was told about the conference but did not realize it was this weekend until just yesterday when my wife said "Now don't forget this weekend...". I :confused: and now have no means of escape.

Of course you have a means of escape - unless you abdicate the role of spiritual head of your familiy. Tell her you didn't forget, that you've been convicted about it, and that as the spiritual head of your family (I know that in pentacostal circles woman are allowed to lead where they shouldn't) you're asking her not to go either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back