Just thought this was a good deal..... Dr. Gerstner books

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
I was cruising the Ligioneer site and saw this.

Dr. Gerstner was Dr. Sproul's mentor. I have enjoyed his Church History Class and reading both his Primer book and his Dialogue book.

I saw that both of these volumes were just 5 bucks a piece for hardbacks. I imagine it also has his booklet Everyman a Theologian in it most likely.

Check it out.

Vl. 1
The Early Writings of John Gerstner (Volume I): Dr. John Gerstner - Book - Theology, Basic Reformed Theology | Ligonier Ministries Store

Summary

Dr. John Gerstner was well known for his love of the Bible and his clear articulation of classic, Reformed theology. Many seminary students over the years have continued to benefit from his teaching. Some were privileged to have Gerstner as a pastor. In this volume, many of Gerstner’s articles from his pastoral ministry are collected for the first time. These articles, which develop the pastoral implications of Reformed theology, originally appeared in The United Presbyterian, Moody Monthly, and Christianity Today. Also included is a previously seven-part series on justification.

Vl. 2
The Early Writings of John Gerstner (Volume II): Dr. John Gerstner - Book - Theology, Basic Reformed Theology | Ligonier Ministries Store

Summary

This book collects many of the early journal articles by Dr. John Gerstner. Most of these articles are no longer available and discuss subjects including nuclear weapons, the virgin birth, religion and science, predestination, preaching, worship, as well as many other topics.

Men, it does NOT contain "Theology for Everyman." That was published separately. But it does have 7 chapters on Justification by Faith Alone, and 2 on what constitutes biblical divorce, and a number of other things that make it a veritable goldmine. And at that price, it is a must have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back