just wanted to share..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
Was having a conversation with my 17 yr old daughter this evening..

We were discussing some recent events here in our area, 1st about a little 7 year old girl who has gone missing, and she was talking about how she hates the evil that would cause someone to take another person's child. And how she can understand on some level a person who has lost their child, to death and the emptiness that may bring about inside them that could lead to such a thing, but just to take another persons child to bring them harm, she doesn't understand..

Which lead to her telling me about a conversation she had w/ a classmate and teacher today, about a stabbing that took place last weekend at a local bar. Her classmates older sister was there that night, and she didn't know the people who were fighting, but one of the young men who had been stabbed in the back died in her arms.. She was telling me about how they were talking about the hatred they must have in their hearts, both for themselves and others, to be able to just go and stab some in the back..

She said.."Mom, I hate the evil that is in this world; and I realize we are all sinners and capable of evil, but things are getting worse, and the worse it gets the more I hate it."

I told her, it's good she hates the evil of this world, as Christians we should, and the more we see and hear of it, the more we should pray and call out to God." And I told her, it is ONLY because of the God, through the Holy Spirit holding back evil, that things are not worse than they could be..which should cause us to praise God that things are not as bad as they could be, and be in Awe of Him, that He is powerful enough to Hold it back..If Christ had not come and died, we would be in that same state of evil, without Hope..now or in eternity..

Then she started talking about some friends at school who she doesn't hang out w/ after school because of the things they do (underage drinking, sex, drugs) and then taking pictures and bragging about it as if it's something they should be proud of. She said "mom, I just want to cry for them." I wanted to hug her, but couldn't because I was driving..but..it was a really great talk we had..and I wanted to share it..

The two friends she was talking about who are into the drinking/drugs/sex are named Ashley..so keep them in your prayers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back