Just Watched Colin Gunn's Documentary On Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it. Not very politically correct. Thought it was great.

Hear this guy liked it too.:knox:

Saw the trailer, sparked my interest.

I plan to purchase a copy when my finances get better.
I just finished a chapter in my sociology class that spoke on feminism. There are three types of feminist and the last type called "Radical" was scary. This ideology wanted to eliminate gender and birth all together. It is amazing as I study sociology how I see the depraved state of man. It is scary to think that as I have sinful eyes seeing sin with disgust, how much our God's holy eyes must be disgusted.

Glad you made this thread, and I'm pleased to know our PB sisters are biblical. I pray one day I may find a women who holds to biblical principle like our PB sisters.

I watched the movie and have to ask a followup question: how many of you men will support your spinster stay at home daughters, sisters, widowed mothers and the unmarried (widows, spinsters and divorced) ladies at your churches? And you best hope you have no special needs kids/chronic illnesses in the family: they are expensive. Their meds are expensive and life sustaining. Your wives need supplies to sell stuff on Etsy and without all us women who work, who has the money to buy stuff on Etsy? Same problem for home based businesses.

Gail, the interesting thing about the video (and much of the so-called Patriarchal movement) is that they frequently relate to the Proverbs 31 woman. A basic reading of that text shows that she is a woman who is making money and doing a lot to help provide for the home- even real estate ventures!

So, with that said, of course there are exceptions to the "rule". Families need to work this out for themselves, but sadly, I know WAY TOO many people that "need" to work because of the lifestyle that they choose. My wife and I are a one income family, in the most expensive city in the country, with four children (four, as in four), and the Lord takes care of us. For many it comes down to priorities.

:2cents:

AMEN! Preach it, pastor!

I watched the movie and have to ask a followup question: how many of you men will support your spinster stay at home daughters, sisters, widowed mothers and the unmarried (widows, spinsters and divorced) ladies at your churches? And you best hope you have no special needs kids/chronic illnesses in the family: they are expensive.

Well, we're called to do it, so why wouldn't we? What about a Down's syndrome child? For many, that means you have a child for life; such is God's will for His people. We plan to take my father/stepmother in when they are old (I have a hard time with the idea of nursing homes) - it is the least we can do for all his sacrifices.

I must reiterate Pastor Eshelman's fine advice: most of the time, it is the lifestyle you choose that dictates who MUST work. Rarely are two incomes needed (and what makes it needed is,in part, the inflation that is caused by the additional women in the workforce and the pressure that brings to bear on housing costs, etc). We can talk about exceptions for pages and pages, but in N America, those are still the exception.

Ironically my sister just took an Associate Pastor position for youth at a PC(USA) church in Kingsport, TN. Waverly Road Presbyterian Church.

Less than a half-mile from where I live. We have a friend who attends there.

If you ever come for a visit and need a place to worship, visit us HERE. We're just down the street.

On this topic, I recommend our pastor's sermon-- The Folly of Feminism

Ironically my sister just took an Associate Pastor position for youth at a PC(USA) church in Kingsport, TN. Waverly Road Presbyterian Church.

Less than a half-mile from where I live. We have a friend who attends there.

If you ever come for a visit and need a place to worship, visit us HERE. We're just down the street.

On this topic, I recommend our pastor's sermon-- The Folly of Feminism

I'll have to send my sister and brother-in-law to you. :)

Brent Bradley is your Pastor? I know him. :up:

Yes.

I see that you are in the RPCUS. We had Dr. Morecraft up last week for our Fall Conference. Good stuff.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

That would be fine. Of course, we wouldn't allow her to preach.;)

Brent Bradley is your Pastor? I know him. :up:

Yes.

I see that you are in the RPCUS. We had Dr. Morecraft up last week for our Fall Conference. Good stuff.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

That would be fine. Of course, we wouldn't allow her to preach.;)

My hopes would be that you would convert her. :)

I watched the movie and have to ask a followup question: how many of you men will support your spinster stay at home daughters, sisters, widowed mothers and the unmarried (widows, spinsters and divorced) ladies at your churches?
Answer to follow up question - Yes, we will/do. I will not go into specifics due to privacy but your question is not just an idea at our congregation but being practiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back