Karate instructor is proud of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVigneault

Bawberator
My daughter Claire (13, recently baptized and took communion) is in her first year of karate. She is a yellow stripe, but she has an awesome kick that is amazingly high.

She came home from karate with her head hanging low Monday and I asked her what was the matter. She said that her mom would tell me.

Let's fast forward to Wednesday after class for the rest of the story.

My wife and kids came home from karate and Teresa said, "Well, Master Holden took me aside and told me how proud he was of Claire for two reasons. One, she has a very powerful kick, and two, because she felt just terrible when she kicked me in the head and chipped my tooth. That's a good sign that she cares about others."

That's my girl. He told her to try and kick him in the head. If he can't remember how high she can kick, well, that's his problem. I bet he'll remember the next time. :smug:

"Well, Master Holden took me aside and told me how proud he was of Claire for two reasons. One, she has a very powerful kick, and two, because she felt just terrible when she kicked me in the head and chipped my tooth. That's a good sign that she cares about others."
:lol:

clap12.gif
Good for her!

She should consider this: Of all the people in her class, the instructor should KNOW how to block a kick!!! :rofl:

This is good to hear, Bob. You're so perceptive at understanding the motives of your children and using that for their edification. The Lord continue to bless you in your parenting! :pray2: (And I know what you're talking about -- I was in martial arts for years before going to college! ;))

Of all the people in her class, the instructor should KNOW how to block a kick!!!

:ditto:

Good story. :lol:

Now get her into some grappling classes and she'll really be able to beat the karate instructer.

My son, who is a black belt has taken karate for 7 years. At the last tournement, prior to entering the matt, he was asked to bow to some sort of buddha type figure, he refused, was penalized and we left. His sensei was very disturbed at this and became violent in language towards him. My son calmy said I bow to noone but God, excused himself and we took him home. Now I must admit he did have some prior discussions with me on the matter years ago, but to see him do this alone, and have the Holy Spirit bring to recollection what we discussed amazed me.

That is great to hear sir. You should be proud of your son. My daughter's instructor is a believer and doesn't get into the religious aspects.

That is great to hear sir. You should be proud of your son. My daughter's instructor is a believer and doesn't get into the religious aspects.

As well as you should be of yours Bob. I will also add that a couple of days after that incident, my son hit a golf ball through our neighbors window and enver said anything, so he's not perfect....lol:lol:

Now get her into some grappling classes and she'll really be able to beat the karate instructer.

Maybe. In spite of the BJJ talk about how 90% of all fights end up on the ground 100% start standing up :wink:

I've seen some very good grapplers but I've also seen some very good strikers - there is no ultimate martial art.

Bob - that says volumes that she had that much concern for another person. I've seen a lot of kids just shrug it off at best and get smug about it at worst.

My son, who is a black belt has taken karate for 7 years. At the last tournement, prior to entering the matt, he was asked to bow to some sort of buddha type figure, he refused, was penalized and we left. His sensei was very disturbed at this and became violent in language towards him. My son calmy said I bow to noone but God, excused himself and we took him home. Now I must admit he did have some prior discussions with me on the matter years ago, but to see him do this alone, and have the Holy Spirit bring to recollection what we discussed amazed me.

That's AWESOME. Would have loved to have seen the look on the instructor's face.

Last edited:
But you can still brag about him being a LONG BALL HITTER! :sing:

As well as you should be of yours Bob. I will also add that a couple of days after that incident, my son hit a golf ball through our neighbors window and enver said anything, so he's not perfect....lol:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back