Kathy Ireland Pro-Life Stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim G

Puritan Board Junior
I thought this article was interesting considering that most high-profile celebrities are politically-correct liberals.

FOXNews.com - Supermodel Kathy Ireland Lashes Out Against Pro Choice - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

"I called Planned Parenthood and begged them to give me their best argument and all they could come up with that it is really just a clump of cells and if you get it early enough it doesn’t even look like a baby. Well, we’re all clumps of cells and the unborn does not look like a baby the same way the baby does not look like a teenager, a teenager does not look like a senior citizen. That unborn baby looks exactly the way human beings are supposed to look at that stage of development. It doesn’t suddenly become a human being at a certain point in time," Ireland argued. "I’ve also asked leading scientists across our country to please show me some shred of evidence that the unborn is not a human being. I didn’t want to be pro-life, but this is not a woman’s rights issue but a human rights issue."

As ashamed as I am to admit this, when I was in in junior high I watched the making of the SI swimsuit issue on ESPN. I don't remember the models at all, but I do remember that Kathy Ireland took her Bible to the shoots with her and talked about reading Romans to understand theology better. Interesting that she is so firmly pro-life - anyone know if she is a believer?

As ashamed as I am to admit this, when I was in in junior high I watched the making of the SI swimsuit issue on ESPN. I don't remember the models at all, but I do remember that Kathy Ireland took her Bible to the shoots with her and talked about reading Romans to understand theology better. Interesting that she is so firmly pro-life - anyone know if she is a believer?

I don't know if she is, but swimsuit model seems to be a poor choice for a believer.

From Wikipedia:

Kathy Ireland is a devout Christian. She accepted Christ after reading her Bible on a plane during jet lag and out of curiosity...Her pro-choice stance on abortion was switched to pro-life after researching her husband's medical books...

And a link to cbn.com:

http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/kathy_ireland-interview.aspx

-----Added 4/27/2009 at 11:25:17 EST-----

-----Added 4/27/2009 at 11:28:19 EST-----

Found this too:

[video=youtube;TyaNzOAqBes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyaNzOAqBes[/video]

If you read through the interview you will see that she is not a theologian on the vaunted level of a Joel Osteen but definitely in his neighborhood.

I believe she is a Christian but it's the 'Jesus is my cool, best buddy and he died so we could have good self-esteem' variety.

I sure welcome her pro-life message.

I don't know if she is, but swimsuit model seems to be a poor choice for a believer.

Not to defend her, but we ALL have made many poor choices in our lives.

Yep. Frankly, I'm grateful for her public stance. We should pray for people that are in the media lime light who profess Christianity. All too often I see Reformed Christians and Fundamentalists take them to task for their imperfections and deficient doctrinal positions. She is not putting herself out there as a teacher or 'expert'. We all have imperfections and deficient doctrinal positions.

She says in the video that she has "made many many mistakes." I know virtually nothing about Ms. Ireland, but its possible that she's referring to some of her modeling decisions. At any rate, I'm sure that most of us have made mistakes of similar magnitude - but ours weren't in the public eye and thus people can't call us on them.

Defend her all you want but what she says as a believer reflects on me as a believer so when she says:
Here are a few essentials: Slacks in neutral colors, a straight skirt hemmed just below the knee, a fitted dress, a cardigan, a crisp white shirt, a classic coat in black or grey and a basic black, comfortable pump.

I don't want be be thought of as a guy who would encourage black pumps in a situation where a basic black slingback would be JUST as appropriate. No sir! I won't have it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't advise a straight skirt hemmed below the knee for you Bawb. An ankle length A line skirt would be more appropriate and probably more flattering as well.

Defend her all you want but what she says as a believer reflects on me as a believer so when she says:
Here are a few essentials: Slacks in neutral colors, a straight skirt hemmed just below the knee, a fitted dress, a cardigan, a crisp white shirt, a classic coat in black or grey and a basic black, comfortable pump.

I don't want be be thought of as a guy who would encourage black pumps in a situation where a basic black slingback would be JUST as appropriate. No sir! I won't have it.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking at the two pictures side by side . . . hmmmm. Bawb are you sure that you are NOT Kathy Ireland in drag and with a wig?

Looking at the two pictures side by side . . . hmmmm. Bawb are you sure that you are NOT Kathy Ireland in drag and with a wig?

I hope not. That would create an existential crisis for those of us who have never conceived of Bawb in a cardigan.

(Incidentally I am grateful for the tip about slingback shoes. I often ask myself standing irresolutely in front of my wardrobe, 'What Would Bawb Wear' -- I am sure many here do.)

While that would shake my faith to the foundation, it would also give me concrete answers some of life's most burning questions.

I don't want be be thought of as a guy who would encourage black bumps in a situation where a basic black slingback would be JUST as appropriate. No sir! I won't have it.

I'm glad you aren't encouraging THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back