Keeping a book/reading journal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jash Comstock

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey y'all! I had a question/poll. Do y'all keep a reading journal? If so, what is your format? I try to keep myself busy reading. Iusually read 4-6 books a week. Lately I have been trying to keep a record of what I read and how it impresses me.

My format is as follows, written in a hardback journal.
Date read
Title
Author
Publisher
Year
Genre
Synopsis; one paragraph
Opinion; one to three paragraphs

Wow - that is far more diligent than I am! Both the reading and the journalling!

With four kids - two of whom are teenagers - I think my journal would turn more into a journal of naps :)

My notes are in the form of a folded sheet of paper which I use as a bookmark. It allows me to navigate the book once I have finished it. (I usually sellotape it into the book once I finish.

Jash, I gust found out about goodreads from a friend from church. Sent you a friend request.

I just started using Goodreads. I never really tracked my reading before except to leave the scrap of paper I use for a bookmark in the end of the book.

Oddly, I just started using goodreads as well. I'd previously kept track (in a spreadsheet) of the books I read during the year and the number of pages, just for progress records.

I'll continue doing that but this does seem like a nice way to share with friends what you're reading or what you thought of books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back