Kevin From Home Alone Becomes A Christian?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ryan&Amber2013, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan&Amber2013

Ryan&Amber2013 Puritan Board Junior

I thought that this video Les Lanphere made was fun and pretty convincing. He theorises Kevin in Home Alone actually went through a conversion in the movie.

2. Bill The Baptist

Bill The Baptist Puritan Board Graduate

It’s this kind of thing that makes hipster Calvinists so intolerable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Amen Amen x 2
    • List
  3. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Sophomore

He failed to notice that Kevin also became a Presbyterian in the process. He sprinkles/lightly pours the cologne into his hands before application to his face. Also, at the end of the movie the "wet-bandit" motif of filling the entire house with water is clearly meant to symbolize the perils of full immersion.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  4. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

Um... yes, Kevin had some sort of religious encounter or spiritual awakening. I would have thought this was clear to anyone who has watched the movie, so I'm not sure it takes a video to point it out. Would the film's creators say he was saved? I don't know.

Ambiguous spiritual awakenings are fairly common in American movies, and I suppose filmmakers think religious people will like this. I usually wish they would either proclaim Christ clearly or leave the church out of it.

5. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Sophomore

Nobody likes my joke??? Common!!

6. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator

I don't quite understand you Jon. You don't hesitate to get immersed in theological writing projects. :)

7. Timmay

Timmay Puritan Board Freshman

Interesting video. Some things I didn’t know. But isn’t this the same guy who did the Calvinist movie??

Guess he didn’t learn anything from all his interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.