Kevin From Home Alone Becomes A Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
I thought that this video Les Lanphere made was fun and pretty convincing. He theorises Kevin in Home Alone actually went through a conversion in the movie.

He failed to notice that Kevin also became a Presbyterian in the process. He sprinkles/lightly pours the cologne into his hands before application to his face. Also, at the end of the movie the "wet-bandit" motif of filling the entire house with water is clearly meant to symbolize the perils of full immersion.

Last edited:
Um... yes, Kevin had some sort of religious encounter or spiritual awakening. I would have thought this was clear to anyone who has watched the movie, so I'm not sure it takes a video to point it out. Would the film's creators say he was saved? I don't know.

Ambiguous spiritual awakenings are fairly common in American movies, and I suppose filmmakers think religious people will like this. I usually wish they would either proclaim Christ clearly or leave the church out of it.

Interesting video. Some things I didn’t know. But isn’t this the same guy who did the Calvinist movie??

Guess he didn’t learn anything from all his interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back