KFC Secret Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popeye's, with their red beans & rice and the 1000 calorie biscuits, is much better. :2cents:

I prefer the original KFC recipe, but enjoy the Crispy too. I like Church's over Popeye's. The last time I went to Popeye's, they had the smallest pieces of chicken I had ever seen in my life. Maybe it was just a local thing, but it turned me off.

It's interesting. Did you know that you can't Patent or Copyright a recipe? That's why KFC is guarding it.

So I Married An Axe Murderer:

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went ***. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, ***!

I prefer the original KFC recipe, but enjoy the Crispy too. I like Church's over Popeye's. The last time I went to Popeye's, they had the smallest pieces of chicken I had ever seen in my life. Maybe it was just a local thing, but it turned me off.

It's interesting. Did you know that you can't Patent or Copyright a recipe? That's why KFC is guarding it.

I have heard alot of good things about churches. Unfortunately they are all located in areas of milwaukee that i dont frequent.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went ***. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, ***!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Great flick! I like the original recipe

Yes, that's a great line from the movie. And being from Kentucky (though only recently), I can't think about KFC w/o thinking about that movie line.

BTW, is there any truth to the story that the reason Kentucky Fried Chicken went to KFC is b/c the Commonwealth tried to copyright the name "Kentucky"?

Secret Recipes humm
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp celery salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp dry mustard
4 tbsp paprika
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp MSG (Accent)
use egg wites with some water (Wite wash)
for best results use a perssure cooker or deep fryer.

That 'secret' recipe actually is just fine without the MSG. And, it is a lot easier on the bowels and doesn't give folks like me a severe headache.

Wish that KFC would go back to producing the 'original recipe' gravy, instead of the foul stuff they call gravy in most establishments in Canada...

Only in Lethbridge have I tasted the real gravy recently, say in the last 20 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back