Kindle edition of The Doctrines of Grace in an Unexpected Place: Calvinistic Soteriology in Nineteenth-Century Brethren Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
You may purchase the Kindle edition of Mark R. Stevenson's The Doctrines of Grace in an Unexpected Place: Calvinistic Soteriology in Nineteenth-Century Brethren Thought for £2.18 on Amazon UK. Given that the hardback version is £49, I can make do with a copy on Kindle. It is also available on Amazon USA for $2.99.

Last edited:
You may purchase the Kindle edition of Mark R. Stevenson's The Doctrines of Grace in an Unexpected Place: Calvinistic Soteriology in Nineteenth-Century Brethren Thought for £2.18 on Amazon UK. Given that the hardback version is £49, I can make do with a copy on Kindle. It is also available on Amazon USA for $2.99.
I for one would be interested in a review if you find the time, having spent several years at a soteriologically-Calvinist brethren assembly (one of the books "blurbers" was the preaching elder) and being aware at the time that most Bible Chapels are consciously Arminian and dispensational.

I for one would be interested in a review if you find the time, having spent several years at a soteriologically-Calvinist brethren assembly (one of the books "blurbers" was the preaching elder) and being aware at the time that most Bible Chapels are consciously Arminian and dispensational.

I will keep my eyes peeled for any reviews. Most of the Plymouth Brethren over here would, from what I can gather, lean towards evangelical Arminianism while, at the same time, adhering to a form of "once saved, always saved" eternal security.

I will keep my eyes peeled for any reviews. Most of the Plymouth Brethren over here would, from what I can gather, lean towards evangelical Arminianism while, at the same time, adhering to a form of "once saved, always saved" eternal security.
Right, from what I recall, the pillars were really: no distinction between pastors and elders, "once saved always saved", dispensationalism, weekly Lord's Supper, anti-denominationalism, and head coverings - so at least they have one thing quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back