Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Puritan Board Graduate
I first published this in 2012 but it has been recently re-worked to make it easier to navigate and more consistent in formatting.

Contents:
To the Christian Reader
Mr Thomas Manton's Epistle to the Reader
The Confession of Faith
The Shorter Catechism
The Larger Catechism
Sum of Saving Knowledge
Introduction to the National Covenant
The National Covenant
Introduction to the Solemn League and Covenant
The Directory for the Publick Worship of God
The Directory for Family-Worship
The Form of Presbyterial Church-Government
The Psalms of David in Metre

With scripture proofs linked throughout and tables of contents for many of the subsections as well as being able to use the GoTo menu to quickly access particular catechism questions without having to page through. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that this is the best version of the Westminster documents available for Kindle, and certainly the most comprehensive.

Kindle link
Nook link
Kobo link

Logan,

I purchased this at the Amazon site in May 2014. Normally books that are updated would be so indicated in a Kindle user's account at Amazon. They would be tagged such that the user knows an update is available. How may I obtain the re-worked version?

Patrick,

This is one of those areas where I understand Amazon's position, but wish they would do something different.

New purchasers will see the updated version, but Amazon determined that my alterations, however useful, did not "fix serious readability issues", so they wouldn't send the updated version to past purchasers, lest they lose their notes and highlights. However, an individual can request the updated version specifically. Why it couldn't simply show up as an optional "Update Available" link in your Manage Your Kindle account, I don't know.

Since they won't send an updated version to existing customers, they informed me the only way for a customer to get an updated version in a case like this is to contact Amazon through their support and send them a message like this:

Please send the latest, updated version of the following book to my account.
ASIN of Kindle edition(s):
B00A7X2EMM

Sorry for the trouble, I wish it were simpler but as of last month this was their solution, it's what I had to do myself.

I have not as yet. Sent the email you suggested last Friday. That said, I had to choose a Contact Us option that would actually enable the Email contact button here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Select Digital Content and Services button
Select Kindle ebooks, then Fire Tablet, lastly Problems downloading content in the Step 2 drop-downs.

Note that at Step 3 email is not allowed for the above choices. So I selected Exchange or Return a Kindle eBook Gift in the last drop-down in Step 2. That enabled the email button and sent the text you suggested.

Okay, thanks. I'm interested to know if it works. They have a different contact form for publishers so I've not tried it this way.

I just noticed a "New" version of the same in my Kindle reader. How can I determine that I have the updated version as I have two versions in my collection?

That's interesting, so it didn't replace the old one, just put a second copy on your Kindle?

The easiest way to tell is: if you are able to use the GoTo menu to navigate to specific shorter and larger catechism questions, then you have the new version. Chapters in the Confession are also titled per subject in that menu, as opposed to just the chapter number. And all the footnotes links should be asterisks instead of a superscript number, so it doesn't create extra space between lines. Formatting was made consistent (and better) throughout, but those will be the most obvious visual cues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back