KJV vs. 1599 Geneva

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . what makes the KJV a better translation than the 1599 Geneva Bible?

I'm curious to hear your answers. Thanks!

"italics"

Psalm 16:8 ¶ I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. KJV

Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me: for he is at my right hand, therefore I shall not be moved. GENEVA

Peter quoted the italics Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: KJV

Isaiah 65:1 ¶ I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. KJV

Isaiah 65:1 I have been sought of them that asked not; I was found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my Name. GENEVA

Paul quoted the italics Romans 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. KJV

Deuteronomy 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn KJV

Deuteronomy 25:4 ¶ Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn GENEVA

Paul quoted the italics again 1Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? KJV

Peter and Pauls quoting of the italics is just a side note.

Thank you

JohnOwen, I've become Mormon so I get to have all three!!!

My Wife is my first love. It a metaphor. I knew it would get somebodys attention. I had thought to start a thread on this same subject (using that as a tag line to get people to read it), because I am betwixt a rock and a hard place concerning the KJV or Geneva. :cheers2:

Last edited:
Y'all, my wife just told me she'll share me with two bibles, but she draws the line with the virgin mary!! :rofl:

"italics removed"

2 Samuel 21:19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. KJV

2 Samuel 21:19 And there was yet another battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaare-Oregim, a Bethlehemite, slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. GENEVA

Geneva note* 21:19 That is, Lahmi the brother of Goliath, whom David slew,
1 Chron. 20:5

Some would say the italics "the brother of" in the KJV do not need to be removed even though they are not in the originals. :confused:

"italics"

Psalm 16:8 ¶ I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. KJV

Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me: for he is at my right hand, therefore I shall not be moved. GENEVA

Peter quoted the italics Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: KJV

Isaiah 65:1 ¶ I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name. KJV

Isaiah 65:1 I have been sought of them that asked not; I was found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my Name. GENEVA

Paul quoted the italics Romans 10:20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. KJV

Deuteronomy 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn KJV

Deuteronomy 25:4 ¶ Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn GENEVA

Paul quoted the italics again 1Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? KJV

Peter and Pauls quoting of the italics is just a side note.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back