Lúnasa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravens

Puritan Board Sophomore
Anyone who likes Celtic music should check out Lunasa. I've been listening to them for about six months or so, and they've beat out my previous Celtic favorite (Kila) more easily than Seabiscuit pwn3d War Admiral.

You don't have to worry about New Age lyrics or anything of that sort, because most, if not all, of their songs don't have any words whatsoever.

Here's a link to four songs from their "Merry Sisters of Fate" album. Its a myspace link, but you won't be taken to anything questionable. Its just a page with four songs on it. Check out "Morning Nightcap".

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=76455388

Anyway, if anyone checks it out, let me know what you think.

Hi Joshua!
I'm an avid celtic music fan as well. I liked what I heard of Lunasa. They remind me of Shooglenifty or the Peatbog Faeries. Have you heard them before? Also, Bad Haggis is very similiar. If you like bag pipes with heavy drums check out the Wicked Tinkers. Have you listened to any of the Chieftains music?? If you want more fiddling I recommend Bonnie Rideout. I also like some of the rockier/folksy/punk stuff that Flogging Molly, the Pogues and the Real Mckenzies can dish out. :banana:
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back