Lady Calls 911 Over Wrong Burger King Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're supposed to be here to protect me!"

"Protect you from what? A wrong cheeseburger?"

Haha, what did she expect the cops to do? Put a gun to their heads and force them to make the burger?

Whether this specific case is true or not, probably every 911 service has many similar cases that tie up their lines.

We've had 911 calls out here where someone will just call for an aspirin. You would be surprised how stupid some 911 calls are.

Someone needs to put a stop to these kinds of things. There needs to be an investigation and people need to be prosecuted or worse.

The fast food joints are constantly messing up orders. 3 stikes and yer out kind of thing.

Originally posted by govols
Someone needs to put a stop to these kinds of things. There needs to be an investigation and people need to be prosecuted or worse.

The fast food joints are constantly messing up orders. 3 stikes and yer out kind of thing.

Unfortunately it's because of fear of litigation that they have to answer all these frivolous 911 calls. I work with a firefighter and he said they have to answer every call along with the ambulance, even if the person is just calling for a common cold and want a ride to the doctor. Some states I think have more leeway with discerning true emergencies. But most simply overreact and answer everything.

I was jesting more than anything. I agree they get some pretty dumb calls.

I live across the street from a fireman in our county and they got a call last week from a lady needing her 'frig moved to her basement.

They told her no, so she calls back in an hour to report a cat in a tree but they saw that she called from the same number and told her that they still wouldn't help her move her 'frig. They also told her that reporting a fire or emergency when there is not one can be a felony offense so she might want to call a neighbor for her help with a 'frig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back