LaHaye and Jenkins on O'reiley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Wow, what a mess.

Bill kept droning on and on and on asking "how could a merciful God keep a good person out of Heaven no matter what he believed?"

LaHaye and Jenkins stammered around like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I was yelling at the TV ..

"NO ONE IS GOOD! Just tell him that no one is good!

But these two Arminian's couldn't do it and tried and tried to make excuses for God. At one point LaHaye said something about the bible teaching;

"Those without the Law will not be judged by the law" and Bill laughed and said "That's why I like my religion (Roman) it gives good people a loop hole."

It was a sad display!
explotar2jr.gif

Originally posted by ConfederateTheocrat
I just hate that some people think O'Reilly is the standard for conservatism.

:ditto: I liked him when I first got interested in politics about three or four years ago but a conservative he is not.

I turn off the radio when O'Reilly comes on...that man makes me mad! :mad:

And I'm ashamed of LeHaye and Jenkins...not afraid to say it to others...but suddenly have to get warm and fuzzy and cotton mouthed because they are on O'Reilly? They should have given him what for! or turn down doing the program. Probably scared of being called intolerant...

Come'on you guys, liked your books (can i say that here? LOL), but if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen! (I can hear the anti-rapture jokes coming already...)

Adam wrote:
But these two Arminian's couldn't do it and tried and tried to make excuses for God. At one point LaHaye said something about the bible teaching;

"Those without the Law will not be judged by the law" and Bill laughed and said "That's why I like my religion (Roman) it gives good people a loop hole."
Unfortunately, the loophole he laughs about someday will disappear during the 'closing arguments'.

I missed the show last night. I guess my distain for the previous night's show about gay couples adopting children stuck with me. The show was about one state's ruling not to allow 'gay families' to adopt children. I applaud the ruling.

He seemed fair and balanced, I mean he did talk to both guests. When he talked to the pro-gay person, he seemed to be giving advice about how to make the movement more acceptable to everybody. When he spoke to the pro-family person, he came up with the worst possible scenarios trying to show that on some occasions it should be ok for 'gay families' to adopt. That's fair and balanced, right?

[Edited on 1-13-2005 by blhowes]

He needs to have MacArthur on. MacArthur isn't afraid to quote Romans 3:8-20. Just look at him every time he gets on Larry King Live.

King: John, do you question it? I mean, do you question whether there is a God?

Pastor John MacArthur: I don't question whether there is a God. I don't even question what God chooses to allow. It's not a matter of my opinion. As a Bible teacher and one who believes that the Bible is the authoritative word of God, Scripture tells us that God is absolutely sovereign; that everything that occurs occurs within the framework of his purpose. That is not to say that God creates evil. The Bible says He does not, nor does He do evil, nor does He tempt anybody to do evil. But evil exists. It's everywhere. And God can overrule that for his own purpose. The question is, what is his purpose in this? And that's a big question.

http://www.everynewbeliever.com/transcript.html

Yeah McArthur may not be fully reformed but he is a jeck of a witness to Christ when he is on Larry King!!!

Man Rocks:)

blade

Originally posted by OS_X
He needs to have MacArthur on. MacArthur isn't afraid to quote Romans 3:8-20. Just look at him every time he gets on Larry King Live.

King: John, do you question it? I mean, do you question whether there is a God?

Pastor John MacArthur: I don't question whether there is a God. I don't even question what God chooses to allow. It's not a matter of my opinion. As a Bible teacher and one who believes that the Bible is the authoritative word of God, Scripture tells us that God is absolutely sovereign; that everything that occurs occurs within the framework of his purpose. That is not to say that God creates evil. The Bible says He does not, nor does He do evil, nor does He tempt anybody to do evil. But evil exists. It's everywhere. And God can overrule that for his own purpose. The question is, what is his purpose in this? And that's a big question.

http://www.everynewbeliever.com/transcript.html

This is a great transcript!! It is exactly as if you put a mealy mouthed pantheist (Chopra), and two secularists (rabbi and secularist Muslim) in a room with a weak evanjellyical (Wilkinson) and a Christian (MacArthur). I actually think King does a good job in the segment. The most interesting thing is to hear the difference between >Wilkinson's responses and MacArthur's.

It always saddens me to se ehow divided chrsitianity is and how we cant all be united together. But Id rather not be united to weak theology.

blade

To Bad he didn't ask Kennedy that question when he was a guest. O'Reilly would have gotten the answer that said there is no loop hole for anyone who thinks they are good. We are all sinful and deserve Condemnation. No loop hole except Christ atoning sacrifice.

Great. Except...

King: A 2-year-old baby at the bottom of the Center, the World Trade Center?

MacArthur: Instant heaven.

King: Wasn't a sinner.

MacArthur:Instant heaven.

Why's that bad, Peter ? Last I checked, didn't the WCF declare that those who die in infancy are elect ?

Don't some Presbyterian folk on here (and refbapts) believe that even babies can exercise saving faith ?

although MacArthur could've pulled a Ps. 58:3 on him for the 'not a sinner' comment.

I have the video of this discussion at home.

[Edited on 14-1-2005 by OS_X]

Originally posted by ConfederateTheocrat
I just hate that some people think O'Reilly is the standard for conservatism.

I hate it when people think that LaHaye is the standard for Christianity. :D Every time I see him or Jerry Falwell on one of these shows I wish someone would come on and announce that the views expressed by these men do not represent those of the whole body of Christ.

LaHaye and Jenkins.....talk about being in it for the money!

They were pathetic on O'Reilly, almost universalists.

I tell you what got "left behind" - it was the Word of God!!

Phillip :judge:

It dissapoints me to see men like lehaye and Jenkens enforce the typical sterotype of christians. but I am not surprised or even shocked, it is the effects of sin on those who members of the Nc, that will be most detrimental to those who are the members of the CoG.:detective:

Originally posted by OS_X
Why's that bad, Peter ? Last I checked, didn't the WCF declare that those who die in infancy are elect ?

Don't some Presbyterian folk on here (and refbapts) believe that even babies can exercise saving faith ?

although MacArthur could've pulled a Ps. 58:3 on him for the 'not a sinner' comment.

I have the video of this discussion at home.

[Edited on 14-1-2005 by OS_X]

Kerry, not all who die in infancy are elect, but the elect that die in infancy are regenerated and saved. Yes babies can have saving faith but it seemed like MacAurthur was saying ALL babies w/o exception are saved, which I know some dispensationalists believe (they call it "age of accountability) which is totally unscriptural. Ps 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back