*lapsarian explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

totorodaisuki

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm looking for a book that explains the nuances of the various *lapsarian positions, such as infralapsarian, supralapsarian, etc.

Most Reformed systematic theologies will discuss this issue, of course to varying lengths and degrees of detail. The most helpful for me have been Dabney and Bavinck. I can get you PDFs later, if you want.

The question should never have arisen, in my opinion. Although the various lapsarian positions say until they're blue in the face that they are looking at "logical" order, they always wind up lapsing (if you'll pardon the pun) into temporal order. There is no before and after in the decree of God, and every part of the decree happens in reference to and taking into account every other part of the decree. God sees "savable" people as fallen, and everything is done with an eye towards the end in view. But sorting out which position is better cannot be done by biblical exegesis.

The question should never have arisen, in my opinion. Although the various lapsarian positions say until they're blue in the face that they are looking at "logical" order, they always wind up lapsing (if you'll pardon the pun) into temporal order. There is no before and after in the decree of God, and every part of the decree happens in reference to and taking into account every other part of the decree. God sees "savable" people as fallen, and everything is done with an eye towards the end in view. But sorting out which position is better cannot be done by biblical exegesis.
Interesting! I'll keep that in mind.

The question should never have arisen, in my opinion.
This is why I recommended Dabney and Bavinck. They come to the same conclusion. Here you nearly quote Dabney, who said, “In my opinion this is a question which never ought to have been raised” (Dabney, Systematic Theology, 233).

This is why I recommended Dabney and Bavinck. They come to the same conclusion. Here you nearly quote Dabney, who said, “In my opinion this is a question which never ought to have been raised” (Dabney, Systematic Theology, 233).
I was thinking of him as I quasi-quoted him.

Most Reformed systematic theologies will discuss this issue, of course to varying lengths and degrees of detail. The most helpful for me have been Dabney and Bavinck. I can get you PDFs later, if you want.
Did you find them brother? You gonna send me a Google Drive or Dropbox links? Or just send as attachments to my email address?

Did you find them brother? You gonna send me a Google Drive or Dropbox links? Or just send as attachments to my email address?
I wasn’t able to get to them tonight. I apologize. Can I send them to you first thing in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back