Large font (12.75-14.0 point font) ESV Genuine Leather Reference or Paragraph Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHall720

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi
I have been reading like crazy and searching for the Bible I want, used or new, in my price range but so far to no avail.
I just got a Crossway Large Print Thinline from Barnes and Noble which has a font of 10.5. I really hate to admit it, but I can't see the print without straining (Senior guy here).
Can anyone recommend a good source for a new or used Bible under $100.00 with the following traits:
1] 12 - 14 size font
2] Reference or Paragraph format with some margin of blank space on the outer edge of the pages
3] Fairly heavy paper to avoid bleed through when underlining with a Pigma Micron pen (super fine point)
4] Leather -- genuine leather, not imitation
5] Fairly floppy feel to it

If money were no object I would have more choices,especially if font size were not a problem.

Thanks much for any suggestions.

In Christ,
Mike

This may not be your thing, but have you looked into getting a Kindle? The ESV Bible is free and you can make the font as big as you want.

This may not be your thing, but have you looked into getting a Kindle? The ESV Bible is free and you can make the font as big as you want.
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually do have a Kindle, but for some reason I tend to like the old school paper bibles the best.

Is the ESV your choice of translation? If so, this is your only option in a 14-point font. Various covers available.

http://www.christianbook.com/esv-pr...tt=527227&item_code=&Ntk=keywords&event=ESRCP

The larger the font size, the less white space on the page. I have the above Bible, but don't care for it. I have an NKJV and a NASB, both in 14-point. Both are my preferred translations, in that order. The NASB is in verse-by-verse format and published by Lockman in genuine leather. The NKJV is published by Holman in double column paragraph format.

So far I have just recently looked at a number of translations and like the ESV a lot. Not too familiar with NASB yet. My old standard is the KJV but also want a more modern language Translation. I want a more literal translation.
Thanks much for the input.

I can't help you with the ESV, as I don't think anything exists with those specs. Do you have a large font KJV? localchurchbiblepublishers.com make some nice giant print KJVs. I purchased a few of their Bibles and they are all very good for the money.

Here is their giant print, unfortunately not much for margins to write in:

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.c...s1b-giant-print-text-black-1-piece-signature/

Their large print notetakers have massive margins, but it is only 11 point font.

Sorry I couldn't be a help with the ESV.

I can't help you with the ESV, as I don't think anything exists with those specs. Do you have a large font KJV? localchurchbiblepublishers.com make some nice giant print KJVs. I purchased a few of their Bibles and they are all very good for the money.

Here is their giant print, unfortunately not much for margins to write in:

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.c...s1b-giant-print-text-black-1-piece-signature/

Their large print notetakers have massive margins, but it is only 11 point font.

Sorry I couldn't be a help with the ESV.

Thanks brother. The LCBP looks very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back