Large font (12.75-14.0 point font) ESV Genuine Leather Reference or Paragraph Bible

Discussion in 'Book Exchange' started by MTHall720, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTHall720

MTHall720 Puritan Board Freshman

Hi
    I have been reading like crazy and searching for the Bible I want, used or new, in my price range but so far to no avail.
    I just got a Crossway Large Print Thinline from Barnes and Noble which has a font of 10.5. I really hate to admit it, but I can't see the print without straining (Senior guy here).
    Can anyone recommend a good source for a new or used Bible under $100.00 with the following traits:
    1] 12 - 14 size font
    2] Reference or Paragraph format with some margin of blank space on the outer edge of the pages
    3] Fairly heavy paper to avoid bleed through when underlining with a Pigma Micron pen (super fine point)
    4] Leather -- genuine leather, not imitation
    5] Fairly floppy feel to it

If money were no object I would have more choices,especially if font size were not a problem.

Thanks much for any suggestions.

In Christ,
    Mike

2. Ryan&Amber2013

Ryan&Amber2013 Puritan Board Junior

This may not be your thing, but have you looked into getting a Kindle? The ESV Bible is free and you can make the font as big as you want.

3. MTHall720

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually do have a Kindle, but for some reason I tend to like the old school paper bibles the best.

4. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Is the ESV your choice of translation? If so, this is your only option in a 14-point font. Various covers available.

http://www.christianbook.com/esv-pr...tt=527227&item_code=&Ntk=keywords&event=ESRCP

The larger the font size, the less white space on the page. I have the above Bible, but don't care for it. I have an NKJV and a NASB, both in 14-point. Both are my preferred translations, in that order. The NASB is in verse-by-verse format and published by Lockman in genuine leather. The NKJV is published by Holman in double column paragraph format.

5. MTHall720

So far I have just recently looked at a number of translations and like the ESV a lot. Not too familiar with NASB yet. My old standard is the KJV but also want a more modern language Translation. I want a more literal translation.
    Thanks much for the input.

6. Rutherglen1794

Rutherglen1794 Puritan Board Sophomore

I can't help you with the ESV, as I don't think anything exists with those specs. Do you have a large font KJV? localchurchbiblepublishers.com make some nice giant print KJVs. I purchased a few of their Bibles and they are all very good for the money.

Here is their giant print, unfortunately not much for margins to write in:

http://localchurchbiblepublishers.c...s1b-giant-print-text-black-1-piece-signature/

Their large print notetakers have massive margins, but it is only 11 point font.

Sorry I couldn't be a help with the ESV.

7. MTHall720

Thanks brother. The LCBP looks very good!

8. Rutherglen1794

Rutherglen1794 Puritan Board Sophomore

My pleasure, brother.

9. tleaf

tleaf Puritan Board Freshman

The Trinitarian Bible Society publishes large print bibles, 13 to 19 font size, but not with leather covers.
    Www.tbsbibles.org

10. MTHall720

Thanks. I didn't know they had anything except the KJV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.