Last Firefox update prevents posting on forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running FF 20.0.1 (the latest) on Win7 Home Premium x64 with no problems posting.

Firefox is getting weird I must admit. Use to go to it because it had many features and was more reliable than explorer. However, as it keeps updating it is always crashing and hosing up and I keep getting alerts that it is using too much memory constantly. When I get the task manager it shows it running at 1,000,000 kbs! Explorer at most is a 1/10th of that.
So, I don't doubt you're having problems with posting, I have my own problems frequently with FF.

There was a time a year or two when I had trouble on a specific site, which I reported to Firefox. I also did go through a spell a couple of years ago where it would freeze up. I can't remember if there was something specific that fixed it or not, sorry!

If the only thing you did was update the only thing I can think of is that you have some kind of extension/add-on that is messing up???

ye my old Firefox 3.6.3 was great you could have multiple pages open with multiple tabs
I'm talkin like 20+ tabs in each page with no troubles & when you closed it (i would use
end program through the task manager) it would save all the info so that whenever you
restarted the program it would load up all the pages & tabs without missing a beat.
my problems began when i went to Win 7 from XP and found i couldn't load an app
called stop autoplay so i would open up multiple pages & tabs but it would try & stream
multiple youtube videos a freeze up my computer & connection like a self inflicted Denial
of Service attack,so i updated my Firefox to the latest version to get a video autoplay
app & found that Firefox no longer saves multiple pages or tabs,man i wanted to ask for
my money back!

I quit using firefox (switched to Chrome) about six months ago due to poor performance and instability. Seems it tried to be everything to everyone, and just kept getting more and more bloated, and more and more buggy.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with Chrome.

Firefox was holding things up on may MacBook. I checked my CPU monitor to confirm that. I ditched it yesterday and have had no problems since. I am now experimenting with Opera (which I had used in the past, but the new versions seems better) and OmniWeb. Everything is loading faster - not just on the web.

I quit using firefox (switched to Chrome) about six months ago due to poor performance and instability. Seems it tried to be everything to everyone, and just kept getting more and more bloated, and more and more buggy.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with Chrome.
Same here! What especially annoyed me was the way it would take forever to load, then tell me it was doing an update, then make me wait some more ..... The only time I use it now is on my husband's computer so we don't interfere with each other's sign-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back