Latin, Reformed Systematic Theologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Fentiman

Puritan Board Sophomore
Friends,

If it is of interest, here is a collection of most of the standard Reformed Systematic Theologies in Latin (85 in all). The book titles have been translated into English, as well as many of the tables of contents (including all of those of Rutherford's Latin works):

Reformed Systematic Theologies in Latin

William Cunningham:

The English language, though it contains many valuable works on particular doctrines and on separate subjects in systematic theology, contains comparatively very few systems; i.e. very few works in which all the leading doctrines of Christianity are arranged in systematic order, proved from the Word of God, and their connections and relations pointed out.

Systems of theology have been chiefly the productions of Continental writers, and are to be found principally in the Latin language, one fact among many others of a similar kind which establishes the necessity of students of theology acquiring the capacity of reading Latin with perfect ease and readiness."​

Hope it is helpful to those that have interest in this sort of thing.

Travis, you're really doing a great job in putting your website together. It must take a lot of time and effort.

May the Lord be pleased to use your efforts to strengthen his Church.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Reagan,

Thank you much for the encouragement; that is what fuels more things being made available on the website.

I am attempting to translate many, and hopefully most of the tables of contents to those Latin works on the webpage. If it is of interest to anyone, here is the finished Table of Contents in English to Amandus Polanus' Syntagma (System of Christian Theology, 1609-10):

Blessings, till the Consummation of All Things.

Reagan,

Thank you much for the encouragement; that is what fuels more things being made available on the website.

I am attempting to translate many, and hopefully most of the tables of contents to those Latin works on the webpage. If it is of interest to anyone, here is the finished Table of Contents in English to Amandus Polanus' Syntagma (System of Christian Theology, 1609-10):

I, and sundry others as well, wouldn't mind if you also translated all of the Syntagma :D

Reagan,

Amen! Press on!

Grace to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back