Laurel and Hardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
If you go to youtube.com and type "Laurel and Hardy" in the search box, you can see their entire film "Soup to Nuts" (1928). Interestingly, it was directed by Edgar Kennedy, who worked as an actor in many of their later films.

Also on youtube, type "trail of the lonesome pine" in the search box and you'll hear The Boys sing that song, from their film "Way Out West" (1937). It's their finest feature-length film, a real gem. Hardy could really sing, having a light tenor voice (despite his size). Laurel couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. But it's a delightful performance, nonetheless.

On the theological side, Laurel (1890-1965) believed in reincarnation. Hardy (1892-1957) sang in church in his native Georgia and, according to a biography, began reading the Bible in the 1940s, when he was in his 50s; so, perhaps he was a believer at the time of his death. (On the other hand, he did have a Masonic funeral service, so who knows?)

On film, though, The Boys were simply the best. As a team, they made approximately 100 films (shorts and features, silent and sound) from 1926-1951. I've loved them since I was a child.

Oh man ... I used to love watching their movies ... I miss the Saturdays I spent watching Laurel & Hardy, Abbot & Costello ... all the old Tarzan, Planet of the Apes ... etc.

What fond old memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back