Law, New Testament & dispensationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

monoergon

Puritan Board Freshman
Which article or book do you recommend for (ex-)dispensationalists that deals specifically with the role and implications of God's laws in the New Testament?

I'm an ex-dispensationalist, and I have read Sam Storms' Kingdom Come and Keith Mathison's Dispensationalism: Rightly Dividing the People of God?, but it was not the main idea of these books to exegete verses about God's Laws in the New Testament.

I believe that a work that exegetes key verses about God's Laws in the New Testament, which are misinterpreted by dispensationalists, would be useful.

Thanks

Well Philip Ross' From the Finger of God defends the threefold division of the law through scripture, so there is a place to start.
There is also Frank Thielman's book The Law and the New Testament. I have't read that one but he is a PCA minister should he should defend the third use of the law.

Which article or book do you recommend for (ex-)dispensationalists that deals specifically with the role and implications of God's laws in the New Testament?

Patrick Fairbairn, Revelation of Law in Scripture, is excellent.

Fairbairn rejects "theonomy" as an erroneous approach to the judicial laws in his book. He of course doesn't use the term "theonomy".

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back