Lecrae - Send Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm too old - or something. I didn't like it (although the theme and the video were good).

Nah. No such thing as 'too old'. You just don't like the genre. And that's OK. :) Not everyone is going to like everything. But it's good that you were able to still appreciate the theme and the video. :)

-----Added 8/11/2009 at 08:56:08 EST-----

Yeah I do Christian rap ministry as well so I'm familar with the artist so if u guys like Lecrae you'll love Shai Linne, Stephan the levite, Hazakim, Trip lee, Flame, the list goes on and on..there's alot of theological heavy dudes out there..we like to call it Lyrical theology..alot of the dudes can be found on these sites. www.reachrecords.com, www.crossmovementrecords.com, www.lampmode.com. Reach records is actually partnered with Desiring God ministries. (They did Lecrae's Don't waste your life video) They also are doing the don't waste your life tour..But me and my brothers/sisters Love Lecrae ..He's very, very missional..I can go on all day on this so let me quiet myself lol.

Oh yeah..there all reformed too!

Stephen The Levite isn't reformed, but he's reformed-leaning. Still a good and solid brother, though...and I'd recommend his stuff without hesitation.

Trip's album 20-20 is nothing more than 'Desiring God' and 'Don't Waste Your Life' in lyrical format. :lol:

Flame's a 1689er.

I appreciate all these brothers..... they do what you're supposed to do with good theology..... teach it and spread it instead of sitting off in a huddle being happy that you have good theology.

[video=youtube;ZXwaqYrECaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXwaqYrECaA&feature=related[/video]

Here is another video of Lecrae's "Send Me" with the man himself just singing and moving (no other images). If you don't like the medium of rap or sanctified hip hop culture then you aren't going to like this video.

Yo,

I'm certainly down with Lecrae and what he does. He's like my brother from another mother. Eitherway, he's very foreign missions minded. I'm more of a Local Mission minded guy. However, I believe both are needed though I put more emphasis on Local Missions.

Lampmode artist shai linne is my favorite b/c he's the Soli Deo Gloria fella. He's Amill but he's still my dude...LOL... I have much respect for him not to mention it was his label mate timothy brindle who's song Faulty Doctrine was used as a medium of Grace to pull me out of the Word of Faith movement.

So, thanx be to God Alone for using something as foolish as Hip Hop to reach ungodly sinners and people (like myself) in damnable heretical churches. So, when I see articles like Masters it makes me squeal. I'm like, "Masters please, have you forgotten the God you serve usely unlikely means for his Glory all throughout Scripture?" As if he was likely to come to my block where there is a pentecostal and Charismatic church on each corner and Truth is no where in hind sight.

Grace and Peace,
seal

As if he was likely to come to my block where there is a pentecostal and Charismatic church on each corner and Truth is no where in hind sight.

Not to be confrontational, but I think it would be best not to speculate such things; but rather to charitably assume he would gladly, dutifully and diligently teach wherever God's providence directed him.

Not to be confrontational, but I think it would be best not to speculate such things; but rather to charitably assume he would gladly, dutifully and diligently teach wherever God's providence directed him.

Are you serious? Do you know where Masters church is? He's in England right? How on Earth would he be able to teach or witness in my area???

I never said if he saw me or knew me he wouldn't tell me the Truth but if you want to be real about it there isn't a single Presbyterian or Reformed Baptist Church within miles of my neighborhood. Nor have they ever came. So speculation aside good sir.... Let's deal with reality.

I'm sure Master is a huge witness and a good chap dedicated to proclaiming the gospel. Yet, there are places he will never reach which is the point of my post. His stuff never reached me nor had I ever heard of him around my way.

I'm not trying to be confrontational either.

Grace and Peace,
seal

The use of music is lawful in itself; but when it is excessive, when we set our hearts upon it, misspend time in it, so that it crowds our spiritual and divine pleasures and draws away the heart from God, then it turns into sin for us. – Matthew Henry

In the old days of forms, and ceremonies, and outward worship, musical instruments were abundantly used; but in the early Christian Church there was no such thing as a musical instrument, because the believers were afraid of going back to Judaism. It is curious that, as men get further away from Christ, they get fonder and fonder of such things as these. Still, under certain conditions, they are lawful; though, we think, not expedient. - Spurgeon on Ps. 33.2

Men always try to add to worship and they work up a system. They borrow from the Old Testament things they should have left behind; they incorporate into the act of Christian worship the various things the pagans are already doing – this kind of synchretism. And so you elaborate and elaborate and elaborate it and all the attention is paid to the external, the trappings, and the vital and the real things are never known or experienced at all. What are you being moved by? Are you being moved by the diction or the exact precision of the arrangement? You can be moved aesthetically, and we often fool ourselves, we think that’s a spiritual experience, but it isn’t. – Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back