LGPC Vol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS116

Puritan Board Freshman
I just watched Late Great Planet Church Vol 1 from the Nicenecouncil.com when is Vol 2 coming out? Volume 1 failed my expectations,it was good,but not exegetical like I thought it was going to be.What are some of your thoughts? I saw a thread that was brought up on it 2 years ago,but I want to know where you guys stand now and has anyone used it as a discourse for dispensational brethren?

Didn't Vol. 1 focus excessively on Scofield and his sins, lies, etc? (Or was that some other production?) If so, I'm sure it was a disappointment. Outside of the more extreme independent fundamentalists and some of the more self-consciously old school Dispensational Bible church people (most of whom are probably 65+) few look to Scofield today. I know several Bible church pastors who are graduates of Dallas Seminary who scoff at Scofield's excesses WRT the Sermon on the Mount and salvation under the "Dispensation of Law" (and who would dissuade people from buying the Scofield, esp. the original) and yet are convinced dispensationalists. Maybe something like that will make a difference for people who have been taught that the Old Scofield is THE Bible to use and who follow every jot and tittle of it. (That's a group that would have been several times larger 50-75 years ago but is dwindling rapidly today.) But that dog won't hunt with most others who are not invested in Scofield. It's not much different than accusing Calvin of being a murderer in an attempt to dismiss Calvinism.

idn't Vol. 1 focus excessively on Scofield and his sins, lies, etc?

Yes that is primarily what it was about,it started getting good at the end although,then all I heard was.."buy vol 2 to get the biblical approach against dispensationalism"...*Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back