List of Participants

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnV

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
There's been a lot of changes that have been made to the PB. I'm not sure I want to add to that. But I wonder how many of you would find it convenient to have a list of participants to a thread listed somewhere on the thread? In addition, would it be helpful if you could tag one of them in your own post in that thread so as to indicate that this post is directed at that person?

This might help to eliminate all those lengthy re-postings just to give a one line or one paragraph answer to it.

Rich would have to see if this could be implemented; if I understand what you are asking, you want a tally at the head of the thread of all the posters to that thread to date with the latest post. That might be useful; another thing as if not more useful would be able to filter a thread and see only one persons or some persons posts.

That's a good idea too, Chris
My thought was about trying to keep track of the thread better. Sometimes I have trouble finding a quote back again, and sometimes I can't remember who said what, it being too tedious to read the whole thread again. If I have something in front of me, such as list of participants, it would help me out a great deal.

Maybe a thread outline also? Maybe these can be report functions for threads that someone can generate rather than permanent features of all threads? I don't know what kind of overhead it would add or even if the features are available. Rich should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back