Listen to my new guitar....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... that was AWESOME! You rock on the guitar!
Post some more cool playing.

BTW, have you ever heard the version of "A Mighty Fortress is our God" that "The White Horse Inn" used as their music between commercial breaks?
I would love to hear you do that one.

BTW, have you ever heard the version of "A Mighty Fortress is our God" that "The White Horse Inn" used as their music between commercial breaks?
I would love to hear you do that one.

No, I haven't-- not sure if it's broadcast in my area (mpls/ st.Paul?). Awesome hymn, no doubt.

:up: Very nice. What did you track it with/to?

Do you mean how I recorded it? My brother has some computer software to record straight into his PC, which he can burn to a CD. The levels were a little too high, as you can hear it peaking out at points and distorting, but overall it turned out okay.

Oh, and here's the guitar.....

100_4471.jpg

That is just awesome. Glorious!
do you take requests???

Ever heard John Hartford's song "Presbyterian Guitar" ?

It is a beaut and might be very appropriate on here.

Ever heard John Hartford's song "Presbyterian Guitar" ?

Never heard of that one. What album is it on?

It's gorgeous. Do you ever play nylon?

My first guitar was a Yamaha classical that I still have tucked away in my basement (the intonation is horrible on it now). I used that classical guitar for everything from fingerpicking to Led Zeppelin until my dad bought me an electric guitar when I was 15-- at which point the Zeppelin started sounding better.

My first guitar was a Yamaha classical that I still have tucked away in my basement (the intonation is horrible on it now). I used that classical guitar for everything from fingerpicking to Led Zeppelin until my dad bought me an electric guitar when I was 15-- at which point the Zeppelin started sounding better.

:D

Sounded great to me! Ahhhh the sound of steel strings reverberating through wood. Nothing like it.

joshua
I began playing when I was about 15. I'm now 27. I just picked up a book one day that had G, C, D, and E chord charts in it. It's amazing how, even if you don't get "lessons" from people, one can learn and progress just by pickin' the guitar up and practicing, practicing, practicing.

Keep up the good work. Jamming with other guitar players really helps too. The great thing about folk/bluegrass stuff is there's jam sessions almost everywhere you go.

jdlongmire
BTW - is that cedar?

It's sapele, which is related to mahogany. Martin traditionally used Honduran mahogany for their guitars but those days are pretty much over. You can tell the difference by the stripes-- otherwise they sound the same, nice, punchy, woody tone.

CJ_Chelpka
I just learned this fiddle tune a few weeks ago and I think its my favorite now.

It's a great little tune, isn't it? Mine is based off Norman Blake's version. I saw Doc Watson last September and man did he rip it up!

MrMerlin777
Ahhhh the sound of steel strings reverberating through wood. Nothing like it.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back