LOGOS Reformed Commentaries and Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Roman

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm looking at the best ways to build my library.

I struggle with just trusting the title "Reformed" that is slapped on a LOGOS package and purchasing it.

I bought the silver package of LOGOS 6. Which only tends to have maybe 2-3 commentaries per book. I wanted to add a few more commentaries. Preferably at the cheapest rate and I was looking to do this the best way possible.

The LOGOS Reformed Commentary is on sale for me for around $550 (a little less for me since I own some of the commentaries). It's a little pricy but I'm willing to bite the bullet if it's really that great of a deal.

But I'd love to find some cheap full New Testament commentaries from good repuatable authors. Preferably with the LOGOS program.

Does anyone have any suggestions in my circumstances?

Thank you so much!

PS:

I just downloaded E-Sword again and all of the free commentaries there. Although they are not directly in Logos, opening a secondary program is still an easy and quick way to get what I need quickly. I would prefer my resources in LOGOS but I have downloaded all of the free commentaries on e-sword!

Last edited:
I own and have been using Logos 6 Silver package also, and added on lexicons, Grammars, just purchased theology book by book ...

There is a lot of reference books in their Reformed set, do you need all of that, or would buying a couple really needed bookswork best budget wise?

I am Baptist, so their Baptist package was nice, but easire forme to get bookor two at a time!

That's what I'm trying to figure out. It's difficult to determine the savings that's given. Also commentary sets are expensive! Maybe I should buy one on each book as needed. Just don't want to lose out on good savings long term

Although they are not directly in Logos, opening a secondary program is still an easy and quick way to get what I need quickly.

Perhaps you know this but just in case...

I don't know anything about E-Sword, but if their books can be exported (or converted from any export) to Word .docx format they can be added to Logos. I have done this with varying degrees of success. At the very least the scripture reverences are hypertexted and the book is searchable as any other resource is in Logos.

Could choose to select one commentary set that is highly rated...

Someone like a Calvin/John Gill...

I'm looking at the best ways to build my library.

I struggle with just trusting the title "Reformed" that is slapped on a LOGOS package and purchasing it.

I bought the silver package of LOGOS 6. Which only tends to have maybe 2-3 commentaries per book. I wanted to add a few more commentaries. Preferably at the cheapest rate and I was looking to do this the best way possible.

The LOGOS Reformed Commentary is on sale for me for around $550 (a little less for me since I own some of the commentaries). It's a little pricy but I'm willing to bite the bullet if it's really that great of a deal.

But I'd love to find some cheap full New Testament commentaries from good repuatable authors. Preferably with the LOGOS program.

Does anyone have any suggestions in my circumstances?

Thank you so much!

PS:

I just downloaded E-Sword again and all of the free commentaries there. Although they are not directly in Logos, opening a secondary program is still an easy and quick way to get what I need quickly. I would prefer my resources in LOGOS but I have downloaded all of the free commentaries on e-sword!

You could start by reviewing the following and go from there:

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/top-commentaries-on-every-book-of-the-bible/

https://greenbaggins.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/commentaries-for-the-whole-bible/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back