Logos Sale - All the "12 Days" Deals are back on through 31 Dec 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I already jumped on one of the deals but had missed the Christ-Centered Preaching Offer. Any other works that you guys think are worth the plunge?
Day 14 – The Gift that Keeps on Giving

The Twelve Days of Logos has been a lot of fun. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. As we began to wrap up this promotion, we couldn’t help but think that some of you might have accidentally missed out on one of the deals that you really wanted to grab. Or, maybe you really wanted to get one of the titles, but you hesitated too long and didn’t order it in time. Since it is the holidays, we decided that the best thing we could do was to reopen up all the resources and coupon codes… through the end of the year!

Important Notes:
  • You must manually enter your coupon codes into the coupon code section at the bottom of the checkout page.
  • Our coupon code system will only support 5 coupon codes at a time, so if you want to buy more than 5 items, you’ll need to do so in multiple transactions.
  • If using more than one coupon code, they must be comma separated (Example: 12DAYS1, 12DAYS4, 12DAYS5, 12DAYS9).
  • After entering your coupon codes, be sure to click “Update Cart” and confirm that all your discounts have been applied.
Ready for the deals? Prices and coupon codes are good through December 31st, 2009.

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Retail $4.95
SALE: $0.95
Use code: 12DAYS1
Learn more about A Christmas Carol or buy it now.

Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary
Retail $269.95
SALE: $189.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS2
Learn more about Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary or buy it now.

Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible
Retail $ 54.99
SALE: $ 24.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS4
Learn more about Dictionary for Theological Interpretation of the Bible or buy it now.

Christ Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon
Retail $29.99
SALE: $13.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS5
Learn more about Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon or buy it now.

Word Biblical Commentary (WBC 59 Vols.)
Retail $1199.99
SALE: $399.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS6
Learn more about Word Biblical Commentary (WBC 59 Vols.) or buy it now.

The Drama of Scripture
Retail $ 19.95
SALE: $ 9.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS7
Learn more about The Drama of Scripture or buy it now.

Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel, 2nd ed.
Retail $39.99
SALE: $19.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS8
Learn more about Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel, 2nd ed. or buy it now.

The Essential IVP Reference Collection Version 3
Retail $190.00
SALE: $89.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS9
Learn more about The Essential IVP Reference Collection Version 3 or buy it now.

Jesus in Context: Background Readings for Gospel Study
Retail $28.00
SALE: $13.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS10
Learn more about Jesus in Context: Background Readings for Gospel Study or buy it now.

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament
Retail $59.99
SALE: $24.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS11
Learn more about Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament or buy it now.

An Exposition on Prayer in the Bible (5 Vols.)
Retail $259.95
SALE: $159.95
Use coupon code: 12DAYS12
Learn more about An Exposition on Prayer in the Bible (5 Vols.) or buy it now.

1 year subscription to
Bible Study Magazine
PLUS a free copy of
The Unexpected Adventure
SALE – $19.95
Subscribe now
No Coupon Code Needed

in my opinion, the best of the bunch are the Commentary on the NT Use of the OT and Christ Centered Preaching.

I already had most of the other ones, but did purchase Jesus in Context and Christ Centered Preaching. WBC is a GREAT price but I'm less than enthused about the value of it for evangelical and Reformed preaching. I find that it is one of the least used sets in my digital library. If one does not already have the IVP Essential Reference Collection (Ver 3), this would be a great time to pick it up cheap.

I have to say that you need to think about the "computer value" of a work. I'm not a big fan of Chapell's book anyway, but I can't see how it would be useful in Logos.

That's a good point. I think some books are useful from a computer standpoint to find a paragraph that you know you read in a book and wanted to re-read.

For instance, Kuyper's work on the Holy Spirit is a place I regularly go to because it has a great section on Preparatory Grace. I've got that in PBB format from: Libronix PBB Files | Truth is Still Truth

I bought the Chapell book from Logos because it was pretty inexpensive and thought I might likewise want to reference it but have not read it yet.

Just out of curiosity, what are your reservations about Chapell's book?

Rich,

I'm with you. Fred, I understand wanting to read a book in your hand rather than on the screen. But, even as fast as I type, it is almost always my preference to copy and paste from a book rather than to re-type ANYthing. With a book so inexpensive, I thought it would be worth it. What are your problems with Chapell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back