Looking for a book on Church and Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.L.Smith

Puritan Board Freshman
Looking for a book on Church and Government. Something new, up to date and current with what's going on today in America. Any suggestions?

Looking for a book on Church and Government. Something new, up to date and current with what's going on today in America. Any suggestions?
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does "what's going on today in America" have to do with the doctrine of the church and its government? Sincere question.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does "what's going on today in America" have to do with the doctrine of the church and its government? Sincere question.
I think he means the Church and government as in the civil magistrate. If that is the case, Brandan, that topic is kind of broad. Can you be more specific as to what exactly you're looking to study?

Yes, civil magistrate. Thank you all. Looking for some recommendations on a good book. Something up to date with our current America, if you will.

I think I've found a book: The Civil Magistrate's Power by,
Thomas Cobbett. This looks like something I'm looking for but was hoping to find something that also addresses our current issues in America right now. Thank you Brothers.

I think I've found a book: The Civil Magistrate's Power by,
Thomas Cobbett. This looks like something I'm looking for but was hoping to find something that also addresses our current issues in America right now. Thank you Brothers.
Heritagebooks.org has it on sale for $10. Great deal I don't know about our current affairs in America, but Lex Rex by Samuel Rutherford is the magnum opus of a biblical understanding of government. I find it to confound the modern "reformed" understanding of government because while government is from God the power flow is ultimately from people with the Lord being the acting agent behind them (see Deut 17:14, 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back