Looking for a Puritan Quote Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Puritanboard Commissioner
Brethren,

I'm looking for a Puritan devotional quote site that I used to frequent but which I stopped visiting over the past few years for some reason. (I'm suspecting now that it may be because it no longer exists, at least not in that format.) It had pithy quotes and thus a healthy portion of Thomas Watson. When you refreshed the page, a new quote would be shown. My recollection is that it was usually a few sentences but it did not consist of several paragraphs.

I searched the forum and found this post. The only thing comparable I found on Google that came up as a "Puritan quote" was this page, which has longer quotes than what I recall. (Or maybe my memory is just off.) Perhaps what I'm thinking of was an older version of that site, which now uses a blog format. I'm thinking that format is going to be too distracting for me and may cause me to chase various rabbit trails. VirginiaHuguenot linked a URL from that site in the aforementioned post, but it goes to a non-existent page. There is also a Puritan Quote of the week, and that page looks familiar, but I don't think it's the site I'm thinking of.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide in finding this or any similar page that could be used as part of a morning devotional time.

Phil Johnson's Spurgeon site has Morning and Evening and Faith's Checkbook, but I was wanting to know if there was any comparable Puritan site with short quotes.

Could it be one of these?

Thanks for that link. It's not one of those, but I was unaware of one or two of those sites.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Lots of good quotes HERE & HERE

Indeed. I already linked Puritan Sermons (Puritan Quote of the Week) in the OP. Grace Gems is excellent, although some don't like that they've replaced the KJV with the NKJV in at least some of the works.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Whether it was an older version of the site I noted in the OP or not (If I recall correctly the owner of that site had or has an old Yahoo Group dedicated to the same thing as well) I figure after spending some time looking for it, the page I recall probably doesn't exist in that form anymore. There were a number of Puritan and Reformed sites that were up in the early-mid 2000's that for various reasons aren't available anymore.

That being said, feel free to post your favorite Reformed and Puritan quote and devotional sites. Many of them also have associated FB and Twitter accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back