Looking for books on knowing the will of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
Does anyone knwos good books on the subject on knowing the will of God. Many times you heard believers says, i believe that i must do or that, or God spoke to my heart so i have to do.....etc. May believers are giong astray though that, so does anyone knwos some books ?

Does anyone knwos good books on the subject on knowing the will of God. Many times you heard believers says, i believe that i must do or that, or God spoke to my heart so i have to do.....etc. May believers are giong astray though that, so does anyone knwos some books ?

One good one I've just read is Bruce Waltke, put out by Eerdmans, entitled "Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion?" Very worthwhile... not exhaustive on the subject, but a good treatment of the basic problems with "I need to know if this is the will of God for me."

One comes to know God's will by learning to discern, gaining wisdom and being thoroughly immersed in scripture. A really good book I just finished on this is The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment by Tim Challies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back